Prologue

House of Balloons

"The walls are bleeding!"

"The walls are bleeding," I repeat in the small bathroom as I heard the loud party music booming outside the doors. 

My chest heavier than the burdens I carry.

Everything felt completely never ending. 

I stare at my reflection, seeing I had become a person I don't even recognize anymore.  My eyes darker than ever as the small drops of sweat on my forehead rolled down my cheeks. My once healthy curls now frizzy from the endless nights of tossing and turning.  My cheeks hollow from the daily missed meals. 

Everything began to tilt, spin, and jump as the colors wouldn't stop burning my eyes. 

I turn on the faucet, splashing water on my face, beginning to panic.

I can't feel my face. 

My face is melting. 

"No no no," I beg as I began frantically trying to put my skin back on on my cheeks. 

I looked in the mirror as I watched everything fall apart. My smile dropping to a frown as the pieces fell into the sink of blood. 

"Jordan!" I hear a man banging his fist outside the door through the loud music.

Ignore him.

"Jordan!" He repeats, his fists shaking the door.

"I know you can hear me!"

"You've been here for a while! Are you okay?" He asks me. 

Ignore him. 

"I'm fine!"  I yelled back.

"Well you don't seem fine," he says, his voice becoming lower as the music and chaos in the club began to die out.

He doesn't know what he's talking about. 

"What happened to you?  Jordan Bassett... you've ruined it all for yourself," he says in disappointment. 

The room became darker. 

I furrow my eyebrows as I began walking towards the door angrily. 

"What would you know?" I ask him as I had the door closed. 

Everything is a mess. 

"You ruined everything!" I hear behind myself. 

I turn around, seeing my past self. The person I was before I became the mess that I have become now.

I've gone mad.  I've lost my damn mind.  I've lost everything. 

The air was screaming, the lights were falling as the room became heavy. 

"You fucked it all up!" The past me repeats as he followed me.

"Look at yourself!"

I pressed my back against the door as the room began to shake.  My back slid along the door as I fell to the floor, staring at all the chaos in the large dark bathroom. 

He was still screaming at me, telling me to get out. 

"Get out!  Now!" He yells. 

The sinks began to flood, the mirrors shattering. The ceiling lights falling while the floor began to crack, opening before my eyes.

Everything was falling apart as the room shook. I couldn't help but stare at it all in shock. 

Oh my God, I think I'm dying.