Chapter 3/Operation Strix is Doomed!

It all happened in a flash. After Yuri fired the gun, Loid jumped at him and redirected the gun. 

"Papa!" Anya screamed as Damian pulled her away. Anya wanted to will the bullet the stop moving. Even as she was in Damian's arms, yelling. 

"Anya, he's okay." Damian said to comfort her. Damian then noticed that people were staring at the floating bullet? Damian had to look again. A bullet was in deed floating mid air, in front of his father. Anya noticed that everyone got silent and lifted her face from Damian's shoulder. 

"Oh my god." She said flat out, with no emotion. 

"Yeah." Damian said then looked at her, "Did you do that?"

"How could I have done that?" Anya asked. She noticed that Loid knocked out Yuri and was staring at her. Anya broke away from Damian and ran over to Loid, hugging him. As Anya broke down, the bullet began to slowly sink to the floor. 

Demetrius and Melinda slowly made their way over to Donovan and Damian. Demetrius hugged his little brother,

"Are you okay?" He asked him. 

"Yeah." Damian nodded. Melinda noticed that Donovan was now nowhere to be seen and that people were now filing out of the room. 

"Forgers!" Melinda called out to Anya and Loid, and Yor who was trying to move through the panicked people. 

"We need to get out." Loid said to Anya before they ran over to where the other Desmonds were standing. 

"Where's Yor?" Melinda asked. Anya looked around and saw Yor walking towards them, holding Yuri over her shoulder. When Yor made it over to them, Demetrius led Anya and Damian from the room first, and Loid followed after Melinda and Yor. 

The two families made it out into the hallway and started running. Demetrius knew the halls better than anyone, he led everyone through all the halls and they took a break at the Founder Statue.

"Wow. What a run." Melinda said, sitting up against the statue. Most of the people had cleared out. 

"We need to find a place to take Yuri." Loid said. 

"Our mansion is safe. We can drive you guys there." Melinda said. "The limos parked right outside." 

"Great. Thanks Linda." Yor said, picking up Yuri again and walking to the Desmonds car. Loid took Melinda's hand, helping her stand up and stood in the back letting everyone walk ahead of him. He needed quiet time to think about the evening. Donovan Desmond is from Westalis, Anya(?) stopped a bullet mid air, Yuri Briar and the SSS tried to murder Donovan, and Loid is starting to question the mission. 

"I'll have to speak with Handler." Loid said to himself. 

In the car, Melinda was driving with Demetrius next to her and the Forgers and Damian sitting in the back. 

"That was an evening." Anya said, leaning against Damian.

"Definitely." Damian replied, "But we're okay now." 

"We're fine until Yuri wakes up." Yor said, Yuri was laying across her lap still unconscious. 

"Don't worry! It won't be long." Melinda said. 

Yuri woke up in a room he didn't recognize. He lifted up his arms, but was surprised and terrified when he find that they were chained to the floor. Yuri stood up and tried his best to pull his hands out of the chains. 

"Sister!" He yelled. "Get me out!" 

"Welcome back." Loid said from the other side of the room. Yuri face went from fear to fury,

"What are you doing here Loid Forger." He said. 

"Here to ask you some questions. Why are you and the SSS going after Donovan Desmond?"

"He's a traitor. Donovan has been backing up the West financially." Yuri said, "And he's been telling them Ostania's plans for the war. He's also Western and working in Ostania."

"I'm Western and working in Ostania." Loid said standing up. "Your Government blew up my home!" 

"Don't you dare talk about my Country like that Forger!" Yuri shouted. 

"Stop fighting you guys. I can't stand to see my husband and brother fight." Yor said appearing next to Loid. 

"Sis! Help me out." Yuri pleaded. 

"How do I know you won't try to kill anyone else?" Yor asked her brother. 

"I only get rid of traitors." Yuri said. "I'm doing it for you." Yor shook her head,

"I've been naive. I thought you were perfectly fine, but there's something wrong." She said.

"I just love you and I don't want anyone taking you away from me." Yuri said. 

"No." Yor said, "You're obsessed with me. You can't let me go." Yuri stared at her,

"This is my fault isn't it?" Yor asked, "Maybe if our parents were alive you'd be okay."

"Yor..... I." Yuri started then Loid cut him off,

"It's not your fault Yor. You tried your best." Loid put his hand on Yor's shoulder. "Sometimes things happen." Then those two walked out of the room and left Yuri. 

"Sister!" Yuri yelled to them. Everyone else was standing in the hallway when Loid and Yor left Yuri,

"Is everything gonna be okay?" Anya asked, sitting against the wall next to Melinda who was standing. 

"How often does Donovan come home?" Loid asked Melinda. 

"He's home more often then I am. It's only a matter of time before he's escorted here." Melinda replied. The four of them heard a car door and ran over to the window,

"Franky." Loid said and ran down the hallway. Loid ran out into the courtyard and Franky stopped in front of him,

"You're in trouble Twilight!" He said, sounding 100% serious for once.  

"I know. Yuri Briar tried to kill Desmond at the Mixer." Loid said. 

"You can't let them get to Desmond, it'll lead to disaster." Franky said. 

"Why?" Loid asked. "What is going on?" Franky gave him this look,

"Your Handler hasn't told you?" He asked. 

"Told me what? What is going on?" Loid asked again. 

"Donovan is working for WISE, but he's working so undercover that no one beside the leader knows." Franky said. 

"I need to speak with Handler." Loid said then started to walk away from Franky, who grabbed his arm,

"Operation Strix is doomed. We can't kill Desmond." Franky said. "The East could win if Donovan dies, and the SSS is willing to do anything for that to happen." Loid stared at him,

"Anything?" He asked, looking up at the window where Anya was standing.