Chapter 1: School Life Quartet

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(Y/n) P.O.V

I found myself in my office after making a call to Munich. After talking to Tanya and learning about our redeployment, I wanted to give an update to those working on the Munich Project. That and I was also saying goodbye to my fellow researchers, engineers, and newfound friends.

It's been two long months of researching and developing the project, and things were looking promising. The brightest minds in the Empire working together on a weapon of mass destruction, stronger than the M.E.A.D, a hybrid of science and magic. With this, we could end the war...

The thought of it made me smile. Peace... soon, I could just live a... normal life. It would take time to complete reconstruction and transfer things back to a civilian economy, but we are a strong people. Everyone, even those we defeated.

These wars... conflicts that started because of other nations. We defend ourselves, and yet we are labeled as the villains! Damn them... those old empires, the tyrannical communists to the east, those bastards across the ocean, they wish for war to increase their own power and influence.

Even if this weapon kills hundreds of thousands in a millisecond, the price is worth it to save my people. The lives of millions... hehehe. Thinking to myself now, it's rather strange thinking back to how I was before everything happened. Before I wouldn't bat an eye to the massive destruction I would cause or the deaths of my fellows... but now...

Being X... he forced this change within me. Perhaps I would've changed in time, perhaps it was destined to happen, but to be forced to act in a way different from how I was... I despise it. It was my choice, and yet he made it for me.

Not only that, but he'd made Tanya suffer over and over again. Though I don't know the extent of it, I don't care. The two of us were in this together. Against the entire world because he wanted her to believe in him. Again, he forced his will on others. At the very least, I can help her.

I let out a sigh as I packed up copies of information about the project to continue to aid in its development. The sooner it was complete, the sooner the war will end. This soon-to-be World War. The sooner this war ends, the sooner things can go back to normal... but what is... normal for me? I don't know... Mary... I hope Mary is well. I hope that... all of us can come out of this war alive... but with the way, things are going...

As I finished packing my items and resource material in my satchel, I was about to turn and leave only to spot something in the corner of my eye. A... button? A red button of some kind. I reach over to it and lifted it up. My eyes scan over it and tried to identify its purpose. It was... so light.

I tapped the metal body of the button, but it sounded hollow. It was... useless.

Me: "Hmmm... wait, didn't von Braun say that they were still deciding on how the weapon would activate? ...I see." I smiled.

It was just an example of what he was thinking... though a big red button seemed a bit... cartoonish. I laughed as I placed the button back on my desk.

Me: "In the name of (Y/n) Albert von Hohenzollern, the Crown Prince of the Empire. I, hereby order the launch of the rockets. Fire!" I yelled as I pressed the button.

Then... a strange noise rang out from all around me, "ding dong" and the world was becoming distorted... huh?! What type of magical device did von Braun give me?!