Chapter 46

Third Person's P. O. V:

Kimiko was thrown into a cell and had chains clamped on her wrists attached to the wall. Fumio, Minako, Yoshino and Jurou wait with Kiba who is gazing at Minako with hearts in his eyes for Kimiko to be able to move again.

When she is, she sits up and faces the bars, demanding, "Where am I?"

Fumio answers as he crouches before her, "In the dungeons of the Homura Palace, my dear." Kimiko takes one look at her bound wrists and groans.

Kimiko demands to know, "Why did you kidnap me? And my boyfriend, for that matter? Thought you wanted the Princess?"

"We do, but she won't come willingly. So we figured your friends would bring her toys if we'd captured one of you—in this case, you," Fumio explains, caressing Kimiko's cheek.

In his mind, Kiba, chained to the wall of his mind, is yelling angrily, "Het your filthy hands off of her!"

But no one can hear his voice.

Kimiko mocks, "You're stupid if you think you can just get my friends to hand over Mai to you." She sneers at Fumio. "I don't know who you people are, but you don't scare me! Also... I need to go to the bathroom..."

Fumio pauses before continuing to caress her cheek and retorting, "Sorry, Sumire Princess, but that old trick won't work on me

Fumio pauses before continuing to caress her cheek and retorting, "Sorry, Sumire Princess, but that old trick won't work on me. Besides," He looks behind the blonde where a dirty bucket sits in the corner of the cell, "you have a bucket."

Kimiko deadpans wryly at him, unable to believe he didn't fall for it and had planned for that trick in advance. It does usually work, unless you're Kabuto Yakushi.

Kimiko jerks her head back and scowls at the Sato.

Fumio just smiles as he says, "And you wonder who we are? I'm a ninja from the mainland who sought after power. So I gathered followers and soon heard of The Book of Change from The Land of Harmony. While I did succeeded in obtaining it, it is rather useless to me. For it is spiritually linked to its original owner. That's why I wish to kill the Homura Princess."

"Still, I don't understand why anyone would want to steal a book they can't even use," Kimiko mocks, pulling a face. "It seems like a total waste of time and effort to me."

Kiba feels the need to tell Minako, "Kimiko hates reading and has never picked up a book. Unless it contains Jutsu."

Minako and the others give me dumbstruck looks.

"What? Reading is hard work," I say with a shrug.

"You really do interest me, Sumire Princess," Says Fumio as he cups her face again.

Kiba is yelling angrily in his mind, "Don't you touch her!!"

Fumio just smiles while briefly closing his eyes before he pushes himself to his feet, still holding The Book of Change in his arm. He turns to his comrades.

"Let's go and wait for the Princess to arrive," He says.

"Yes, Sir," Says Yoshina before she and Jurou turn and follow him out of the dungeons. Minako, however, lingers as she jerks her head to the cell which contains Kimiko.

"I'll be nice and let you kiss your girlfriend, Kiba," Minako offers.

Kiba steps up to the cell and kneels down. He gazes at the blonde frowning at him. She murmurs, "Kiba-kun, you must fight it. I know you can. Don't let her control you!"

Kiba says as he caresses her cheek, "Oh, I am fighting it. Trust me, Kimi-chan." Then he leans forwards and presses his lips to Kimiko's. She automatically returns the kiss but tears were sliding down her face.

Kiba yells from his mind desperately, struggling against his bonds, "Kimi-chan, no! That's not me! He's lying! Don't fall for him... please... don't listen to a word this guy says... he's not me... Kimi-chan..."

Kiba slumps against his chains as tears slide down his face.

Kiba pulls back from the kiss and steps back to Minako.

She runs her hand up and down his arm while instructing, "Watch her for me."

"But I wish to go with you, My Love," Kiba complains.

"I'll see you later but I need you to do this very important task of guarding the Sumire Princess for me," Says Minako in a seemingly kind tone, caressing Kiba's face. He half closes his eyes while leaning into her touch.

"Well, I suppose I could. But have I told you just how beautiful you really air? And that your hair looks just like sunlight?" Kiba responds, causing Kimiko to blanch. They ignore her.

"I appreciate it, Kiba. You truly are handsome. Perhaps when this mission is over, you could come with me," Minako says, earning a growl from Kimiko. "I could let your girlfriend come too, if you want."

"Who now?" Kiba asks, tiling his head. "I don't have a girlfriend. My only love has always been you, Minako."

Kimiko stares at the Inuzuka as though her heart has been struck by a knife.

Minako smiles towards her even as she pulls back while running her hand down Kiba's cheek. She tells him, "I'll see you later, Kiba." Then Minako was gone, leaving Kimiko alone with the Inuzuka.

Kimiko's P. O. V:

Five minutes after Minako and the others leave, I turn to Kiba who stares back at me, but it doesn't look like he's actually staring at me. His gaze appears... blank.

"Kiba?" I prompt as I grip the bars. "Kiba, please! You have to listen to me! You must fight it! I know you can. Please tell me you're still in there and you're fighting it."

Tears slide down my cheeks.

Kiba kneels in front of me and cups my face. He tells me, "I am fighting it. I told you before." He leans in and kisses me again. I know o shouldn't but he's still my Kiba... somehow.

Kiba pulls away and steps back to continue guarding me.

I slump against the cell bars, exhausted and frustrated, and feel myself dozing off, preying Kakashi and the others would get here soon.

I wasn't sure what time it was when I woke up again. I turn to find Kiba still keeping watch, his animal like eyes still blank.

I press close to the bars once more as I plead, "Kiba, fight it! You're stronger than that! Please, I know you're in there!" He just stares back at me and I burst into tears out of frustration and helplessness. I hold up my wolf locket to show Kiba, frowning. "See this wolf locket, Kiba? You gave it to me for my twelfth birthday, remember?" I open it to show Kiba the pictures within. His gaze lingers on the one of him hugging me from behind under a cherry blossom tree, the both of us happy. "You love me. You made me promise when Sora stayed in our village to come back to you, and I did. Now, you have to promise me the same thing. Come back to me, Kiba-kun... please..." I squeeze my eyes shut as I lower my head. "I want my Kiba back!!"

As my anguished cries resonate through the dungeons, a voice says to me, "And I promise I always will come back, Kimi-chan." I look up with a gasp to see the Inuzuka smiling at me, the type of smile that makes my heart go aflutter.

"Kiba-kun!" I exclaim joyously as he crouches before me yet again. "It-It's really you, isn't it?"

Kiba nods his head as he reassures me, "You bet. I felt your love for me through that Jutsu, and it was enough to give me the strength to break free."

I tell him, "I'd hug you right now were it not for these bars." Kiba lets out a soft chuckle. Yup! I have my Kiba back! "Could you just hurry it up and get me out of these damn chains? I'm sick of being locked up."

He straightens and studies the cell with a frown. "Let's get you out of here and meet up with Kakashi Sensei and the others."