His Endless smile

His Endless Smile

Characters: Archer Cyprus, Ivan West, Ethan North, Bailey West, grandma, Isaac Silvius, Nova Darkwood, Dr. Preston, Sky Miller, Greg Miller, Jack Frost, Joy Frost

Disease: FFI (fatal familial inosomnia)

Place names: Sunrise Roast

And there he was again, walking past the lakeside. Head down, earphones on, and always pretending like he was all alone. The usual stares from the people doesn't bother him anymore. He'd hear people whisper things like

"Is he okay?"

Or

"This is how depression looks like."

Archer wasn't depressed tho, sometimes he doubts that, but he did not seem to care. After a while Archer found himself standing still, looking down at the ground, the music in his ears is so soft he hardly hears it. He kicked the rock in front of him, he didn't know why tho, it did not have a particular reason behind it, he just felt like doing it. Archer always felt like he had a problem somehow, or that people had a problem with him. He did not communicate like most people would. He didn't like humans or really anyone who could start a conversation with him, always trying to stay as far as possible away from them.

"Hey Archer!! I was looking for you man, where have you been?"

Suddenly Archer woke up from his daydream because of the loud sound. It was Ivan, running towards him waving his arms wildly like a kid running to his mom after daycare. He and Archer had been friends since they were kids. Ivan was about the only friend he had, and the complete opposite of Archer. Ivan was the type too enjoy company and always wanted to do so many things in life, not only that but also always so optimistic it hurts. Archer on the other hand was a real introvert, never wanted to talk to people, hated almost everything, and was tired most of the time.

"Hey man! I've been looking for you! I just found out my sister is going to this new movie with her friends, we should totally go too!"

Ivan had a big smile on his face, a smile that never seemed to disappear. Archer looked at him with a look Ivan had seen many times. Before Archer could even say anything Ivan spoke again.

"Okay I know this isn't really your thing, but it will be fun! I promise I'll get you food after okay?"

Archer sighed. Feeling defeated as he fell for Ivan's optimism again.

"Fine."

He answered coldly. Ivan's smile got to a size Archer didn't even know was possible. Archer hated optimistic people, just the fact that they find happiness even in sad things, he never understand how they did it. But Ivan was different, he knew Archer too good, sometimes even better then Archer knew himself. It must be exhausting, Archer thought. Ivan turned around, and then looked over his shoulder.

"Well? What are you waiting for, come with me. You didn't think I was going to take you too the movies if you look like that?"

Archer looked down at his clothes, then back at Ivan. He was wearing black sweat pants and a white hoodie. a strand of black hair fell in front of his eyes, he quickly fixed his messy hair.

"What's wrong with my clothes?"

Ivan sighed, stared at him with a disapproving look as he scanned his outfit.

"You got to be kidding right? Have you seen yourself?! You look homeless. I'm taking you too my place so you can change into new clothes."

"But I don't have any other clothes."