End

The next few days are slower. Xie Lian and Hua Cheng spend their time together. Sometimes in comfortable silence, sometimes reading, sometimes crafting or sometimes just snuggling.

"Here see a lotus flower." Xie Lian smiles holding up the small paper flower.

Hua Cheng looks at him amazed. "How?" He asks looking closer. "How can you create such beauty with paper." Xie Lian giggles. "It's actually very easy. It was one of the first things I learnt. Lotus blossoms are one of my favourite flowers. They're just so beautiful."

Hua Cheng nods scooting closer to the boy. They were sat at a table in an empty room of the terminal unit. It was the craft room, usually very busy just not at midnight. "What other flowers do you like?" Hua Cheng asks.

"Plumb blossoms. Wisteria and a flower called a thistle."

"What's a this-tle?" Hua Cheng asks testing out the new word. "It's a flower. Apparently classed as a weed it's common in Europe, especially the United Kingdom. It's a purply greeny bulb covered in spiky petals with long spiky leaves. Sometimes it flowers a bright purple or pink right at the top. Like it's grown some hair. But I like it without the flower most."

"Sounds weird."

Xie Lian snorts. "It is. But I think it's very pretty." Hua Cheng humms. "So which one is your favourite?" Xie Lian looks over. That's a good question.

"My favourite?" He repeats. Hua Cheng nods. "Surely you like more than another."

"Lotus." Xie lian says holding up the flower. "Want to make on with me?"

"Sure, what colour should I use?" Hua Cheng asks flipping through the stack. "And why'd you have so much paper. How many do you intend to make?" He questioned.

Xie Lian laughs at that. "So far I've made around two hundred and fifty. And here use this one." He says handing over a pale pink sheet. "Fifty? What are you going to do with them all?"

Xie Lian's smile turns sad. "I want to... I want..." He takes in a breath. He trusts Hua Cheng. The boy can know. He won't laugh or make fun of Xie Lian for it.

Hua Cheng places a hand on his knee and smiles encouragingly. Xie Lian's heart brims, whilst his brain sighs happily from being proven right. 'Calm down gege it's okay, I'll listen.' It says. Xie Lian nods. Confidence. "I want to be laid upon a bed of then for my funeral."

"I see." Hua Cheng says picking up the sheet mood unchanged. "Well then, there's no rush since we have all the time in the world right? Come on teach me gege. I'll make you the best paper folded flower thing you ever have seen." He boasts.

"San Lang it's called origami. How can you not know that?" Xie Lian laughs. Hua Cheng rolls his eye- at least Xie Lian thinks that's what it was. "It's zhezhi isn't it? We're not in Japan." He ponders.

"San Lang we didn't invent everything," Xie Lian says exasperated.

"It's different to zhezhi, that's boats and hats and stuff like that, origami is everything and anything. Mostly animals and flowers, haven't you seen those paper cranes they make? So cute!" He gushes.

Hua Cheng huffs. "Come on gege just teach me already!" He whines impatiently. "I want to make the perfect one!"