a sudden meet up - chapter one

you were driving your car on an empty road at night. it was dark and very atmospheric when suddenly something caught your eye. you saw a car with a stranger sobbing on the hood. you decided to pull over and check on the stranger. you parked around 5m away from this person so you could see if they were sketch first. you whipped out your flashlight and walked slowly towards them. as you approached them cautiously you saw that they were sitting on the cold, snowy floor and head on the hood. they had brown skin, blonde hair with brown roots, puffy eyes from crying and a black and white hoodie. you instantly recognized who this was, it was jonah marshall! the dude from the bythorne paranormal society! you stumbled back causing you to slip on some ice.

-"h-hey! who's there?! i heard you!" a mellow voice shouted from the car.

scared, you tried to scurry back to your car to hide but he had already seen you. he was tall, and tense. he opened his mouth to say something but just couldn't find the right words to say. you stood up and ran behind your car to hide. he followed you and was surprised to see that you weren't an alternate. he was shivering from the cold and had tired, puppy eyes.

-"who are you? why were you stalking me?" jonah questioned while looking down at you scared and cold.
-"my name is y/n. im not stalking you im just-"
-"leave me alone! i don't need your fucking pity!" he yelled at you.

your brain was screaming at you to report him to the police but something inside you was preventing you from doing that. you stood up slowly and tried to get a look of his face but he was looking down still, crying silently. you really felt bad for this dude and wanted to help him out.

-"hey, i know you are wanted but how about i go get you some food or-"
-"pshh, i know what type of person you are. you just want to report me to get that 100,00$."
-"no! i know im just a stranger but can i at least get you some food? its freezing out here."
-"..."
-"well?"
-"fine, but thats it."

you grinned as he finally accepted your offer. you lead him to your car and put a blanket on him. he tried to resist but you kept pushing so he eventually accepted the blanket. as you got in the drivers seat you saw that he already fell asleep, who knows how long hes not been resting for.. you turned on the ignition and started to drive to the nearest 24 hour fast food restaurant. luckily it wasn't that hard to find so you pulled up in the driveway and got out silently not wanting to disturb him. you stumbled in and ordered a 10pcs nuggets meal with a coke and a cheeseburger meal with a coke too. after about 5 minutes, you grabbed the food and thanked the worker. you marched back to the car and saw that he was awake. you handed him the burger meal and his drink. he tried to thank you but no words could come out of his mouth. you ate up your meal and shortly after jonah finished his too.

-"im sorry for being a jerk. just, something happened and i wasnt ready for anyone to really talk to me haha.." he apologized in a mellow voice.

he wiped his face clean from any tears and his breathing became less shaky. thank god he was alright now! you sighed as you turned on the ignition.

-"well, jonah. where should i drop you?"
-"actually i.. dont live here. i live in bythorne county."
-"well its quite late.. do you want to stay with me until youve recovered from.. whatever you went through..?"
-".. that would be nice. thank you- y/n was it?"
-"mhm, well its no problem. just try not to get caught by the fucking authorities alright?" you asked in a calm tone.

he nodded slightly and tried to get up. he fell down. his legs weren't in the .. best condition to put it lightly. he tried to use the car for support to get back up but alas, no progress. you ran over to where he was and quickly grab his waist to get him on his feet. you both walked over towards where your car was parked, jonah was stumbling almost on everything. he eventually got the courage to ask for help and hold onto your shoulder for support. you accepted and let him grab onto your shoulder for him to support his legs to walk. after a while of his stumbling on his way to your car you sat him down inside the car and put a warm blanket over him.