The beginning

"The pool closes in 10 minutes. Please start getting out of the pool. I repeat the pool closes in 10 minutes," the speaker announced. I was at my friend Lunas house for the night. It was the end of July and we have hung out a few times before at the community pool and at my house or the park but we've never had a sleep over before. I couldn't wait! It was almost 6 Pm and we went to the pool for about an hour before closing time.
"Okay, Everleigh. It's up to you. What do you wanna do after we get back to my house." Luna and I were drying off as the clock read 6:54.
"How about we go back to your house, change into some dry clothes and then walk to wawa? Maybe get a drink or snack and then chill back here at the park?" Luna lived in a town area called Eastmit. That town has everything basically within a 10 minute walk; Wawa, dollar store, park, pool, school. It's amazing.
"Sounds like a plan to me. You wanna sit at the stage in the park?"
"That sounds since. You said it has amazing acoustics right?"
"Oh yeah! Go ahead and blast your Spanish music girl!" We both couldn't help but laugh. I love Spanish music though I only understand a little bit of Spanish. The music just carry's me away. Not many people understand that. My friends don't really like Spanish music but hey, I'll get them hooked soon.
Walking through the park to get to lunas house I saw it.
"LUNA! OH MY GOD! LOOK! How beautiful is this motorcycle!!"
"Ohhh damn girl. Get that guy to take you for a ride." We laughed.
"You know my mother would kill me if I rode one. Oh but how I want to so bad!" We walked over to the pavilion next to the parking lot to give the biker some space.
"Girrrll. All those boys are hanging out of the car next to the bike. They're totally waiting for you to check them out! And they're all Latinos! I know you clearly have a type," she looked at me as I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah, Luna. But they're tough out of luck! Look at this bike!" There was a boy on the bike but I didn't pay much attention to him. Walking backwards, we waited for the guy to start the bike. As the biker and the car full of Latinos drove away we turned back to her house.
"Oh my. Hola!" My stomach dropped.
"Hola." He smiled and I swear it was from ear to ear.
It was a boy from school. We followed one another on instagram and texted from time to time but we didn't talk much in person. He was from Honduras, a recent immigrant, and he did not know much English. I was not very fluent in Spanish either so it made things difficult. We talked in school once in a while but just the basic, "hi how are you." Back and forth.
When we got far enough of of reach I said, grabbing her arm, "Luna! That was Miguel!"
"Who?!" I gave her a look. "OH MY GOD! What?! I didn't know that's who you were talking about! I see him all the time! I didn't know that's what his name was."
"Yup that was him! He's really cute actually."
"You say that like you're so surprised," Luna said in a chuckle.
"Well. I don't know. I think I was just always so focused on Pablo. Miguel has been more of a recent thing."
"Ya well Pablo treated you like crap. I hope Miguel treats you better."
"Well I don't even know if he likes me or not. We hardly talk."
"You're right." Luna gave me a look. "It's mostly just kissing."
"That was one time!" By this time we were already in her room grabbing clothes.
"Ya. Sure. One time I'm school and one time at your house maybe."
Okay. I lied. Miguel and I have been together more than I said. The last day of school we met up and we made out. I don't know why we did it but there was a passion when we kissed. And as for the in my house thing...well yeah. We texted a little and mid July he snuck over to my house and you can imagine what had happened. We talked a little after as friends but that was it, as friends.
"Okay right. But I seriously can't believe the car door was so loud. And the car itself! When I said to get dropped off down the road I didn't think I would hear the car that loudly!"
I grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom to change as she changed in her room. She opened the door when she was done and I walked in to do my hair and add some make up. I was wearing black and white sweatpants, one color on each side and a black tank top. And I put on a little bit of eyeliner and mascara.
"Trying to get all pretty for your man I see."
"Oh hush...maybe..."
*Ding* I finished my make up and checked my phone.
"Speak of the devil. It's been a little while since we talked."
"I bet your heart just skipped a beat." Luna was trying to pick out shoes at this point.

*Miguel: Hey
Me: Hey!
Miguel: Como estás?(how are you)
Me: Estoy Bien. Y tú? (Im good. How bout you)
Miguel: Bien. No sabía que estabas en Eastmit.( I didn't know you were in Eastmit.)
Me: Sí. Mi amiga vive en Eastmit. (Yes. My friend lives in Eastmit)
Miguel: Okay*

"How's our guy?" Luna seemed to be ready for our walk already.
"He's great as always. Would you mind if we met up with him later?"
"Of course not! I wanna meet him anyway. And actually meet him not just see him around." We laughed.
"Okay I'll mention it to him. Let's head out."

*****

"Girl! Look at this motorcycle!!"
"Haha. You and your bikes girl."
"Well I want one." We walked over to the bike which was right outside of the Wawa.
"Isn't that the same bike from earlier?" Luna was right. It was right next to the car from earlier and looked just like it too.
"True. That's crazy. Its a nice but though."
"Can't lie about that."

*****

We walked out of Wawa with our snacks and drinks and the bike was still there, same with the car.
"Look Luna! Another motorcycle!"
"Go ahead. Check it out. Just like those boys are," Luna pointed across the street.
"What In the world. That's the second ground of guys today." I thought for a second. There weren't many people in the store. "Are those the same guys from earlier? I didn't really get a good look before. I was checking out the bike."
"You know what. They might be. I'm not sure."
"Oh. My. God."
"What? What happened?" Luna looked where I was looking. Right at the boys.
"I think that's my ex, Pablo. Oh god I hope not. We have to walk past them and I can't be within 10 feet of that kid. Not after what he did to me." Luna put her arm around me.
"It's okay. Are you sure it's him?"