Lam

I watched as Pha's face frowned and eyes flitted. But he finally opened it with much difficulty and I never been happier to see that pair of brownish black orbs staring back at me.

Even when tubed up and covered with bandages, he can still look so calm. I almost ran to him but kept myself calm. But then I saw his hands reach out to me. Heck. I ran forward and just grabbed his hand. He tried to clasp it and I did it tightly in return.

"How are you feeling?"

He hummed in response.

"I'm here ok.."

Another hum in response. He smiled softly before closing his eyes to sleep. I just sat there the whole time. Nobody fought me. Nobody forced me to leave. No jokes or teases were heard. I only let go when Pha was being transfered to a private room from the ICU. His parents were there. So were the boys but nobody said a word as I sat there by his side the entire time.

It was hours before Pha finally opened his eyes again and the feeling of relief that ran through me. God, never have I ever felt this way before.

I just held onto his hand tightly without crushing it and looked at him. I didn't realize it until much later when Pha's mother wiped the tears off my face; that I had been crying the entire time.

Pha smiled at me and I returned it. The doctor ran a secondary check and said he had dislocated his shoulders. There was almost a rib fracture but thankfully no. But he had a bad concussion so they had to keep him to monitor for a few days.

I finally let go so that his parents could spend some time with him too. I went out to sit and Forth sat next to me.

"You ok?"

"Hmm."

"When did this..." I know he was referring to when Pha and I got this close.

"Over time I guess? It started from the bar."

"Hes a good guy. Naggy but good."

"Yea I know. I seen the fatherly side of him."

"But you do realize. With you, you are the one nagging and looking after him?"

I turned to look at Forth in shock. Surprised that he caught that.

"Don't look at me like that, fool. You behave the same way I do with Beam, but with Pha. It's so obvious."

"Forth.."

"He's a good guy. Don't hurt him. Beam and Kit wouldn't hesitate to hurt you if you did. And that would mean I would protect you. And that would also mean I be fighting with Beam. And I don't want that."

I smiled at Forth.

"I wouldn't. He's become very important to me."

Forth just smiled and sat back with me. I sat back, finally resting my head against the wall when Pha's parents came out. I didn't realize but my tears had been flowing down in relief. Pha's mother walked over to me and sat down. I straightened myself and looked at her.

"Auntie.."

She smiled at me and gently wiped my tears off. That's when it hit me I had been crying.

"You must take care of my son well ok? He looks strong but is actually a fragile kid. He often cares about being perfect because he thinks otherwise he is easily forgotten but he is a gem. He's wonderful in his own way and needs to be reminded on that and treated such."

I nodded my head at her. She smiled, patted my head and took her leave, saying she will be back tomorrow. I saw her husband support her gently and they left.

As they left, it struck me. I wanted what they had with each other.

I wanted that with Pha.