Prologue

Life. Absolutely full of a lot of things. Emotions. Heartache. Mistakes. Happiness. It's about actually living and not just surviving. It's about finding a reason to be excited to get up in the morning. It's about gaining people in your life that make you feel like you run the world just by being around them.

Loving someone. More than just a chemical reaction in your brain. It's not being able to see yourself happy without them. It's feeling at home no matter where you are, as long as you're with them. It's making plans for the future and realizing that they're in every single one and you wouldn't have it any other way. It's feeling like you don't have to be anyone else when around them. It's unbeatable and unbreakable when it's true.

Now all of this isn't something you can just be told. It's something you have to learn on your own and it took me a lot of trial and error before I was able to truly understand what life and love meant. I didn't realize that all I needed was him. One simple man who changed my entire world view. Who found me when I was broken and made sure I never felt like that ever again. Who changed my outlook on who I am and my purpose. A man by the name of Colby Brock. A youtuber. An influencer. A life changer. The love of my life.

Of course we've had bumps in our relationship but I don't think it would be a healthy one if we didn't. All I know for sure, is this is the man that I plan to marry and have a long life with...assuming our career doesn't kill us first. In the beginning, I didn't want to be a part of their channel. Not because I didn't think they were gonna do well, in fact, I was and still am their biggest fan. I was just going through a lot of self issues and didn't want to be in any sort of spotlight but eventually, with the help of my boys, I got over all of that and the 3 of us have filmed just about every video together since.

"Did Sam run the monologue over with you before he decided to film it?" I asked as my head lay on his chest and his hand resting on my lower back.

"So 2020 was obviously not what anyone expected."

"Well if he did, I don't remember." He responded with a big smile, looking down at me.

"But, through all that craziness, we lost what matter most. The reason why we make videos."

As he smiled at me, I couldn't help but feel that warm fuzzy feeling in my heart that I felt when I first realized I had fallen in love with him.

"Over time and especially this last year we lost that spark, and it just showed us that we need to chase that genuine happiness again."

It's a feeling that comes back at little moments and big ones. A feeling that hasn't left me, though we've been together since we all moved to L.A.

"To do that, we're gonna need to really challenge ourselves again and throw ourselves outside of our comfort zones.

"Ah shit. I totally forgot I actually do have a part in it." Colby said once he checked his phone after hearing the loud text tone. "Wanna come with?" He asked whilst pulling me up already.

"Do you think Sam will mind me sittin' in?" I asked the man currently pulling me out of his room.

"I guess we'll see." He looked back and gave me his contagious smile that made my mind go blank and I can't help but match it.

"We're here, don't worry." Colby said as we entered Sam's room, us both sitting on the little black bench next to the desk. "What am I saying?" Sam just playfully rolled his eyes at his best friend.

"Even better if it was with our best friends."

"Thank you. You can leave now." Sam said with joking annoyance towards his two childhood friends. I may have come into the picture a few years late, with having moved from Michigan freshman year but I was still in band and played the flute. That's how we met and the rest is my past, present, and future.

"I actually kinda wanna hear the rest of the monologue." I smiled as my boyfriend had already been about to walk out the door. I received 'glares' from the pair before they both agreed...Sam doing so before Colby.

"And speaking of. I'd never planned on getting a tattoo, actually I'm terrified of it. As a kid my parents would always tell me if I ever got one, they would literally disown me. But. If this year is about going all in. I have to make a commitment and getting a tattoo for 25 by 25 would mean we're gonna have to try harder than ever to make this the best year of our lives, or else I'll forever remember that we're failures. So this year no backing out no half-assing it. We're gonna make it count."

"How was that?" Sam asked, looking at us for validation.

"Perfect. I think this is gonna be the best year ever." I said smiling at the two boys that have made my life a literal dream. 

I hope you all have a great day/afternoon/night, make sure to take care of yourself, and stay safe. Much love. <3 Word Count: 906