The Signs

How do you follow the signs when there aren't any around telling you where to go? Do you go to a tarot card reading with Amazon or Target crystals placed in your back pocket, hoping for a good time and that everything will turn out fine?

Or do you lay in your bed waiting for the stars to align because you're tired of fighting this lonely fight?

Are you tired of staring up at the clouds and wondering if the oh so great gods are meeting up in the realm today to talk about wondrous things?

Or are you tired of pretending that everything is alright when you know your whole world could be destroyed within the same time it takes to boil water?

You try to stand up for what you believe in but you forget how much energy it takes out of your body to go out and do it.

You cry in your room when you get told no but you wish to rally and fight. There is nothing to be done to stop you until you end up passed out on the ground and you accept your defeat.

I'm done watching you cry. I'm done looking at you and always seeing tears flowing from your eyes. I'm not going to stop you from going anymore.

So, take a crystal with you and maybe manifest a good, safe time before you go but don't complain when I say, "I told you so."

Text me when you realize that the stars have been aligned for years, text me when the gods are back on a serious topic and not throwing Zeus' Thunder Bolt around like it's a toy.

You'll be waiting for the signs to appear but they never will so you ask yourself, once again, but this time out loud, 

"How do you follow the signs when there isn't any telling you where to go?"

But there isn't an answer because everyone will have left and you'll be all alone even though what seemed like just seconds ago, you were surrounded by dozens of people.

And over time you realize that all along, that was the sign.

And that you screwed up by overthinking looking for a sign.

--------------------------------------------------

Fri, Aug 19, 2022