Chapter Four: Repeating History

CHAPTER TEN

(act ii)

REPEATING HISTORY 

'family ties / you're undead to me

"Disregard for the past will never do us any good. Without it we cannot know truly who we are." ~ Syd Moore

" ~ Syd Moore

I was getting reading to meet Bonnie and Tyler at the grill. The founder's party was later tonight, and everything would start to move on quickly. I was putting on mascara when my phone rang.

I walked over to it, picked it up, and read the caller ID. Enzo.

A smile found its way to my face, and I clicked the accept button. His hot British accent rang through my ears.

"Good morning, darling. How are you this fine morning" he asked

"Good morning, my love. All is well in Mystic Falls. I'm good, but I miss you," I told him.

He sighed and said, "I know. I also miss you, but you'll be here soon."

I laughed lowly and replied, "Yes, I will be. Jeremy and Bonnie will be coming as well. I hope that isn't an issue. I thought it's been long enough. You guys need to meet each other."

He hummed while replying softly, "I know I've prolonged it as long as I can, haven't I? That's fine. I want to meet your best friend and your other boyfriend, and they sound lovely."

I moved around as I spoke to him and finished getting ready. I smiled at his response. "We will be there tomorrow sometime. I'm going to teleport us, and it will be faster. I need to be back soon, though, and we won't be able to stay long." I told him.

"That's fine because I might come back with you guys. I've had my fill of traveling, and I don't like that there's drama, and I'm not there to keep you safe." He said with a grumble.

I chuckled at him and told him, "That sounds amazing. I can finally get a new house. I've wanted to move Liz out of this old, memory-ridden place for a while. We'll obviously have our own house."

I put him on speaker, so I could put my shoes on. "I would love to move in with your love. If that's what you're asking," I heard him say.

I laughed again and smiled as I said, "Yes, that's what I'm asking. I want to finally move and have my own space. I also want you to live with me, and it's weird without you."

His deep chuckle ran down my spine as it met my ears. "I know it's been lonely without my savior. God, you make me want to be human. We could have a life together, where we grow old and gray together. Watch our grandkids run around. Watch the sunsets together on that wrap-around porch you want so much." He tells me, and I can't help my imagination run wild.