Hidden in the World of Dreams

“You know that place between sleeping and awake, that place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always think of you.”

J.M. Barrie

Chapter 2 – Hidden in the World of Dreams

Through the soft haze of the spring morning and a light tap on her cheek a lady awoke with a effervescent servant waking her up.

“Lady Lillian, please do wake up now. Breakfast is already served and your father might turn mad at you.” A servant delighted enough, to wake her mistress up, held a face full of joy.

“Good morning Rielle.” Lillian replied with such tired and hoarse voice.

“Why? Didn’t you get enough sleep? I told you, you should’ve gotten into bed earlier last night! Now what will your father tell me?” came the reply of the servant named Rielle.

“Well, it’s just that, I even slept early Rielle. If you could have known, I had a wonderful dream yes but quite a beautiful nightmare as well. It’d always have been the same.” She replied.

Her dreams would always be wonderful yet horrifyingly beautiful, but she would always just remember parts of it. As her dreams would always end in a flash and leaving her anxious thinking and wondering about it. Fleeing from danger that she didn’t know, running but always trapped. Going everywhere, running here to there; dizzy, frustrated and not knowing where to go.  Her vision blurred as tears started to stream down her lovely face. Hearing footsteps following her from behind, she scurried to her left and found an opening. Dashing to the opening, somebody or someone grabbed her. She was scared as she glanced to see who was trying to capture her. She was already crying as she was struggling, fighting for her life as the monstrous figure advanced to her, showing a mouth full of razor sharp teeth, its eyes gleaming with anger and ferocious thoughts. As her life flashed before her, she prayed that she was to be saved, suddenly thuds of marching feet could be heard, and then she thought that it was really her end. But suddenly the monster that hurt her shrieked, flung his arms and madly fought someone and then it suddenly dropped dead. Finally it was all over someone saved her; she never knew who saved her.  But all that she can remember was his face is indescribable, an unearthly beauty; he then tenderly wrapped her around his arms and kissed her forehead telling her that everything is and will be fine that someday somehow something will finally end. Her dreams might be nightmares but it was always wonderful, a hero saving her life. Her dreams were always nearly real, yet there would always be some parts leaving her baffled and question running through her mind all day long. But what always left her wondering would be the message the knight was relaying to her. It would always be such a mystery, leaving her breathless and odd was that she always felt a connection, a deep one that run through her veins with just the thought of it.

“I did not get to thank this hero of mine as my dream blurred out again though.” She then bluntly replied with a smile.

“There you go again missus. Maybe it is just the fact that you yourself are thinking or wondering about it every single day, now off you go.” Rielle guided her until the dining room.

Along the big walls of the manor, built with age and wonderful designs, the house itself was old enough and with history that shadows the past of the entire land. From the highest floor until the cold basement every inch covers a secret. From the winding staircases you will find yourself enchanted with almost everything. Fancy and luxurious, everything is a glory, and living there would be a dream come true. The Clairmont Manor served as a shelter and a stronghold for the land of Adstrum during the days of the raging war. But even with all the glory and wonders of the manor, Lillian never felt home, not even its warmth after all of the happenings in due course of her life.