XXII: Achieving the impossible (Thunder)

Back in Norway, I was sitting on the sofa staring at the TV. The big TV covered a great part of the wall, and it was turned off.

I just couldn't find it in myself to turn it on. I didn't have the strength.

Three days had passed since the events at the old abandoned church. You can say that after what I witnessed, my will to fight had been completely crushed.

I was scared beyond reasoning.

My right arm was still healing wrapped in some bandages after having been rendered unusable by Glaciem's ice wall.

That stupid mirror messed my arm good, even if I managed to break it.

I knew I done something amazing back then, I just didn't know what. Whatever it was, it took an awful lot of energy. I doubted I could do it on purpose. And even if I could, I wouldn't be able to do it more than once per day. Twice if I was very lucky.

I should have listened to Sylva.

She warned me this could happen, and yet, I chose not to hear her out. Everybody in Lightning's group had tamed their sacred beast. On our side, no one had managed yet besides Sylva, and she done it before we met her.

The house was silent, and it wasn't me cancelling the noise. Everyone started training right away, but not fighting anymore.

They had under three weeks to tame their sacred beasts.

Sylva tried to make me start training as well. As soon as we got back, I tried going into my subconscious again to no avail. I just couldn't do it.

It was the third day now and I had completely lost hope.

I wasn't acting like a leader at all. Instead of encouraging everyone and telling them we would be able to beat Lightning's group, I was doing the exact opposite. I was sulking on the sofa like life wasn't worth living.

I hadn't even spoken a single word that day.

My mind just kept going three days back and I kept remembering what I saw. If I was four years younger, that image would have made me shit my pants.

The image was stuck in my head.

Those big auras shinning incredibly bright, the intensity of their energy, those eyes with the pupils contracted in their irises radiating an incredible power.

There was also the business with Shōgeki, Lightning's real blade. One look at it, and I was sure it was deadly. My sword made of sound energy would be useless against it. I needed to get a real sword, but how?

As if that wasn't enough, there was also the whole matter of the Light Brigade. Eleanor and Sheila. They both fought evenly against Terra and Titania. What kind of training could they have undergone in such a little time to become so powerful? The other members too.

Their leader, Marco, managed to hurt and really piss off Lightning.

In addition to that, they wanted to kill Lightning at all costs. What was wrong with that lady of them? She gave a bunch of revenge thirsty people incredible power. Was she good or evil? I guess it depends on how you looked at it. Was she sane?

What if the Light Brigade were to fail? If the Soldiers of Darkness ended up wiping out the Light Brigade, would Candentia come out and deal with Lightning herself? What was her element? And if she truly was the most powerful Domitor alive, would Lightning be able to do anything against her? Would anyone at all?