Assuring Her (Overthinking Reader, Rengoku comfort)

Hey there! Just a lil heads up, this is where you are overthinking, and beautiful flame boy is comforting you and assuring you 🥺❤️‍🔥

Enjoy!

'Am I too much for him...? Of course. I don't deserve him, My needs are too excessive. He can't take it... He deserves much much better than someone like me.'

I look down at my knees and clench my fists feeling all these thoughts swarm my head, It just feels like my brain is oozing out my shoes. The thoughts are overwhelming.

'He doesn't seem real. He seems too perfect to be real. How did this happen-? He took someone like me. A broken down, beaten and scarred person, and loved me as if I was his only love in the world...'

"How...? Why...? He deserves more.'

"Little flame?" He murmurs and takes one of my hands in his, and gently places his pointer finger under my chin to tilt my head up, "Relax love." He says in a hushed tone.

'Why... Why does he notice someone like me...' I look into his eyes as all I can see is love and adoration in them.

"Darling..." He murmurs and pulls me into a tight hug as he murmurs against my hair, "What's on your mind my flame."

I tear up against him and bury my head in his uniform while not saying a word. He rubs my back and hugs me close as we just cuddle in bed together, listening to each other's hearts beating rhythmically.

He hums a gentle tune and understands that I can't talk at the present moment, So he hums instead.

After a few minutes...

"You know you can trust me, My Flame." he hums.

I hear the rain start to pick up, He hums and slowly moves away before sliding off the bed and walking out of the room.

I sit on the bed still and tear up again as the sound of the rain just fills my head. 'I'm so scarred up... I'm ashamed of myself... I could've done better growing up...'

After a few minutes, he comes back into the room and scoops up my shaking figure into his arms and walks out into the living room.

The curtains are opened as the rain pitters against the window and there are blankets and pillows on the couch.

I look up at him and he looks at me before pressing a kiss to my nose and sets me down on the couch before moving around the room to turn on some low lighting.

He starts a small fire in the fireplace and comes over to me again, then he sits down and pulls me into his lap and cuddles me close while wrapping blankets around the both of us.

"I love you Darling Flame." He hums against the crook of my neck.

"Why...?" I reply solemnly.

He hums, "Your thoughts and body language are much louder than your words." He says and glides his fingers on my back in a comforting sense.

"But..." I start

"No buts Y/N. I assure you, you are the love of my life, and I can never see myself with anyone other than you."

I tear up at his words and sniffle. He looks at me and leans to my face and presses kisses to each of my tears and then kisses my forehead, my left cheek, then my chin, then my right cheek and back to my forehead in a diamond motion.

I tear up more and lift my hand to gently trace his facial features with my trembling fingers, He hums contently, "That feels nice My love. But you should know that it is important to care for yourself as well."

"It's easier said than done." I reply and look down.

"I know, words are much easier than actions. But in a lighter sense my dear, You are the light in many people's eyes, not just me, there are many people who see you as a light too my dear."

He lifts his hand to my cheek and caresses it gently while he continues, "Sugar... You are very much loved in this world, do you trust me?"

I open my eyes and look at him, "More than anything..."

"Then believe me when I say, You are the most important thing in my life. I know my job may seem more important, but you are above that. Your safety, happiness and everything about you is the reason I protect people." He looks at me with sincere red and orange hues.

I tear up again as he wipes my tears away, "Darling, don't cry my love. I am aware that the feeling of sadness is being human. But-"

"I'm not sad..." I protest.

"Then why do you cry?" He asks.

"Because no one has said these words to me, and legitimately meant it..." I replied.

His eyes soften, "I will tell you time and time again, my words to you are genuine."

I nod, "I'm aware, it's just that... for so many years, It's been different..."

He hums and brushes his fingers against my skin, "I promise you darling, there is nothing that will keep me from loving you."

I lean my head against his chest, "For real...?"

He nods and snuggles me close before humming again, "The realest real."

I slowly close my eyes feeling content in his arms as his heart beats, the sound of the rain, and the feeling of heat gently wraps me in the soft embrace of a gentle sleep.

I really love how this turned out! Ty for reading!

<3

SimmonsWrite34