"Fauna"

Act Four

Let's move away from predators, shall we? There are still predators and prey here on Syrion, and Fauna was one of them. With her name, yes, she was a deer. Fauna had long antlers, a leaf crown, a deer tail, and her weapon was the crossbow. She rarely used any weapons though, and it was just for self-defense. This prey lived with forty or so other deer-Sillatine, as well as eight real deer that they protected as a sacred animal.

The deer Sillatine had no particular name for themselves, and they lived in the cool red-wood forests. They were the only ones who had a good relationship with Rita, because she had promised to help protect them against predators.

It was still spring on Syrion, and the redwoods were teeming with life. From delicious berries to eat and grass in the meadow, it was easy recovering from the harsh winter. Fauna and a few other hybrid deer sat in the grass munching on Raspberries and Timothy grass. My cousin came with some Walnuts, and it was practically a feast. In the distance, Rita was hunting squirrels and groosling. I felt bad for them, but better animals and not hybrids like some predators chose to eat, this was a lot more normal than half-cannibalism.

A whirring noise from the sky interrupted Fauna's thoughts, and everyone turned to see the supply ship coming in for a landing at the biome square. It was a decent sized concrete area, and where most of the war happened. Supplies would be dropped in parachutes from the flying metal animal, as well as people once per year, and delicious food could be found, as well as new weapons and other much-needed supplies.

The deer, like always, stayed out of this supply massacre. They had little need for such delights, and weren't exactly the most powerful creatures. The herd watched from a distance as Rita, quick as lightning, grabbed a few crates as well as a bag of some sort, scurrying off as far as her feet could take her. Next however, came a different sort of surprise. The entire Ninefall clan had gathered around the Spawning Place. Kitsune had never made an appearance here before, and it confirmed the rumors of them in trouble by the wolves and snakes. Vasha, a rogue black-bear came in from the spruce forest, and mauled one of the Kitsune over a random bag with some honey in it. After that, they quickly fled, as well as Vasha, but it was too late.

Vasha was suddenly cornered from Wolves into a cluster of bushes. There was no escape for her, and she began to fight. Vasha carried a massive club, and began to swing it like mad. Orchid and her pack backed off, getting some steaks before leaving. Fauna then made a dash for some nuts and berries, then returned to her friends.

In the distance, a singular wolf came into a view. Orchid was being chases like crazy by Rita, whom was defending her territory -The Sunning Rocks; a much desired place. Fauna felt the urge to help her friend, and without hesitation blocked Orchid from fleeing, and she was forced to swerve and trip. The wolf took out her shortsword and stabbed Fauna in the arm before going back to her new territory. The deer then decided right then and there, it was time to riot.

The forty or so Sillatine grabbed their crossbows and crossbow bolts, setting a flurry of arrows in the direction Orchid had gone. They ran in hot pursuit of the one who attacked Rita. With no luck in finding her, they all vowed from that day forward, that the wolves would be hated, not feared.