Chapter 2

Hawk flipped a page of the book she was reading, gazing over to see Sunflower copying her. Except she was reading the Lion and The Mouse, but Hawk knew she couldn't read. She snickered, and Sunflower threw the book across the room. Ember jumped on Sunflower and purred loudly. Ember was a black cat, with a white, rough diamond shaped spot on his chest. He had sharp yellow eyes, and Sunflower rubbed his chin.

    Hawk looked out the window and saw they had stayed up all night. "I'm going to take a nap." She grumbled. "Ok!" Sunflower giggled, trying to push clingy Ember away from her.

***

    Sunflower held Ember in her arms and petted his fluffy black head. He purred loudly, before jumping out of her arms. She felt something, it felt like something had surfaced. She started getting lightheaded and walked over to the large mirror hanging in the kitchen. Sunflower clutched her head, as a massive headache hit her. She looked at herself in the mirror, and saw she had feathers growing out of her head, and a massive tail, large wolf-like ears grew out of the sides of her head. Her eyes were a bloody red, and she felt a strong sense of- instinct? She couldn't even control herself at all.

    She walked into Hawk's bedroom and walked up to her bed. She got onto the bed, curling up next to her. She felt herself blushing, before quickly falling asleep.

Hours later...

Her ears perked up when she heard a scream. A bloodcurdling scream. She woke up and started hissing. "S-Sunflower?" A voice came from behind her. She turned around, to face a pale Hawk.  "Me no Sunflower..." A raspy, growling voice came out of her.

***

    Hawk pressed herself against the wall. "Y-You're Sunflower! I'm going INSANE!" She screamed, laughing. "Shut, Scavenger!" She growled. "Annoying." Hawk just walked out of the room and grabbed a strawberry. She walked back into the room and threw it at Sunflower. "If you're not Sunflower, then who are you?!" She asked, raising her voice. "Pear." Pear snorted and ate the strawberry. "Why take over Sunflower? Or- Why are you here now? Just WHY?" She asked. "Always here. First here." Pear said, looking out the window. "What do you mean, "always here"?" Hawk asked, curious what Pear meant. "Me first here. Me been here. Always." She growled. "Why come out now?" She asked again. "Missed. Me missed." Pear growled. "By who?" Hawk questioned. "Family. Daughter." Pear hissed; it sounded like she was going to cry. "Wha- What's her name?" Hawk asked, putting her hand on Pear's shoulder. Pear didn't say anything for a while, before saying, "Name Verdin."