Chapter 10: The Secret Room

When the final bell rang, I texted Sienna, Alex, and Cait to meet me outside. Throughout the day, I was thinking of how we could train our powers. I mean, I knew that in order to get stronger, we needed to practice. Which is why training is key. Practicing spells and our inner magic would be a challenge, but together, I knew we could do it. 

When I went through the schools front door, Alex and Sienna were already waiting for me. "Hey, where's Cait?", I asked realizing that she's not here. "She told me when we were leaving Math class that she'll be staying back cause Mrs. Hale wanted to tell her something", said Sienna. "Oh okay", I said, sitting on the steps. Just then, Sienna walked out of the building. "Sorry i'm late guys. Mrs. Hale just had to tell me that I was one of the top students in her class", beamed Caitlynn. "Cait, That's amazing!", said Alex, hugging Caitlynn. "Yeah, good job!", I exclaimed. "Thanks guys", said Caitlynn, letting go of Alex. "Anyway, let's head to my Grandma's house", I said.

***

"So, did you get to take a look at the spellbook, Kayla?", asked Alex, while walking with us. "Kinda. I was looking at some of the spells while at the school library, and they looked interesting", I said, glancing up at the sky. "Oh, what kind of spells did you find?", piped Caitlynn inquisitively. "Some of them were conjuring fire, levitation, invisibility, and a lot more", I said. "Wow, really?", asked Sienna in astonishment. "Yeah. I haven't gotten through the whole book yet", I said, seeing Grandma E's house coming into view. I walked up the steps and touched the handle of the door, only for it to be opened automatically. "Okay then", I said, a little weirded out by all of this. This is gonna take some getting used to. 

We walked inside, only to find Grandma Ester on the couch watching tv. "I see you are here for your training?", said Grandma, while watching the tv. "Yeah, we are.. wait, how did you know?", I asked, inquisitively. Grandma closed her eyes eyes, and then smiled. "Never underestimate the power of a witch, Kayla", she said, opening her eyes again and smirking.  

Surprised, I walked in the stairs, followed by Alex, Sienna, and Caitlynn.  Reaching the attic trapdoor, I pulled string, opening up the trap door and revealing the stairs. I walked up the stairs, into the dusty attic. "So how do we practise our powers exactly?", asked Sienna. "Honestly, I have no idea", I replied, still clueless. Suddenly, a light flashed from the corner of my eye. I looked around, and saw that the light came from the alter, where I originally found the book. I walked up to the alter, and saw symbols engraved into the alter.

"Guys, take a look at this!", I said, calling them over. Sienna, Caitlynn, and Alex walked over and saw the symbols. "What does it say?", Caitlynn said, looking at the symbols in curiosity. I kept looking at the symbols, trying to make sense of them. A serge of magic went through me and the symbols suddenly turned into words. "Guys, did you see that?", I said. "See what?", asked Caitlynn. "The words on the alter!", I exclaimed. The girls looked at me in confusion. "Uh, Kayla? We don't see any words on the alter", said Alex. It was my turn to look at them in confusion. "What? But it's right there!", I exclaimed, pointing at the alter. We sat in silence for a few seconds, until Caitlynn broke it. "Wait! What if this a new kind of power you have?", she exclaimed. "Yeah, that would make sense of you could see it, and how we can't", agreed Alex. I looked at the alter again. "What do the words say?", asked Sienna. 

I squinted as I read the words.

"As magic was lost, and now is found, open this door, and be forever bound". 

As I stopped reading, we all looked at each other in confusion. "What the heck did that mean", asked Sienna. 

Suddenly, the light from the alter started traveling towards the top of the towards the top of the wall. It then slowly morphed into a passageway. It then revealed itself, leading towards another room. All if us were amazed at the sight before us. Leading the group, I walked through the door, and saw that it was a magical library. We were astonished, and now wondered what we have to do next. 

~~Authors Note~~

Hey Readers! I hope you enjoyed Chapter 10 of  "Spell Binders"! Unfortunately, this is the last you will see of this book. I honestly have lost interest in writing this book, and have longed for starts some new projects. This won't be the last you see of me! but, this will be the final chapter for this unfinished book. I look forward to seeing you in my other projects. Cya next time!