Chapter two: James

The day after my close encounter with Evans was completely back to normal. I told Sirius, Remus, and Peter all about it at breakfast. I had spent the night mulling it over, tossing and turning. Apparently, I forgot to use a silencing spell on my bed because the second I reached the table, last to breakfast, Sirius couldn't hold his breath any longer.
"Bloody hell were you doing last night. I had to put my head under my pillow."
I replied groggily, "what? Oh, yeah. Sorry, just thinking and it kept me up."
"What on earth were you thinking about?" Sirius asked with a twing of annoyance in his voice.
"Evens odly enough."
All three of the boys shot to attention. Peter chimed in, "Why were you thinking about her?"
"Did you get in another argument again?" Remus added.
"Yes, but this one was different." I answered.
"Different how?" Sirius asked with a confused expression written on his face.
"I don't know, just weird. She pulled me up from the side of the bridge at the front of the castle when I fell off my broom." I spat out.
"I told you that broom was dangerous." Stated Remus with the anoyance of a tired parent.
"That's besides the point. The word part was she called me James." I said worried they might find it silly. I was right in my assumption.
"Oh no. She said your first name. Alert the press" Sirius replied whilst rolling his eyes. He dramatically pressed the back of his hand to his forehead as if he were going to faint.
"Oh shut up." I spat back at him.
"Anyways, why do you care?" Sirius mused.
I replied promptly, "I don't."
"Okay," he droned with a continual tone of sarcasm I did not appreciate.
"Anyway, it's time for class." Remus said as he gathered his books.
I knew I was probably reading to much into it and my suspicions we're confirmed in the first class of the day. Evans was her normal uptight, nagging self. Going on about how Remus was so much better at school because he didn't boast like me and Sirius. I tried to ignore her but it was no use finally I just snapped and barked back at her, "Up yours Evens."
"You wish Potter." Was her infuriating reply. It was everything I could do not to storm out of class. I needed to focus on the lesson.