CHAPTER11: PAINFUL GUILT

Jwan's POV

' Won-ah, leave me alone and go out of my mind, '

' You would've stopped me if you wanted in the very first, love. ' he gently walked around the wooden bench where I was seated and took a seat beside me while I felt myself stiffening because of his gentle touch over my palm.

' You don't have to be nervous and it's okay, he didn't mean, you know? '

I stayed silent, I knew he didn't mean it, but it's not a simple topic to be left with no concern.

' Won-ah? '

' Hmm... '

' Do you think...do you think I would've made it if-if... If I hadn't stayed down that day? ' I couldn't help the stuttering. He didn't answer but gently clasped both of our hands letting me know that he was there. He patted my shoulder and pulled me back, letting me lean on his chest still facing my back.

' Answer me, Won-ah... '

' My love, take a deep breath, '

' Answer me, '

' I will, take a deep breath, '

' You answer me and I will, '

He sighed finally turning to look me in the eye.

' You were too late that day, Jwan-ah, how far you've tried, you would never have managed to reach the border on time. It was already destined. '

' I was late, Won-ah, '

' It wasn't your fault. '

' It is... I might've saved my parents at least one of them– '

' Yes, you would've, but it was too late, love, please, '

' Why didn't I make it sooner? '

' Because you were protecting hundreds of tiny little pups. They are grown-ups now, who are still thankful for your help. '

' But I don't have my parents with me... Mum would have been so happy seeing our children. Father might've judged you with all his vampy-sense if you'd proposed to me when he was alive as everyone thought that we would eventually break apart by time. Damn, I'm not even sure if he would let you, a Werewolf, to linger around his son. He would've done anything to change you into a Vampire or anything if you hadn't been a Royal by yourself, but Mum would've been on cloud 9. She loved you so much. She might've squealed if we've told her that we were expecting and–and...she– '

' She could've got a chance to hold our pup right before the world, but unfortunately, we ourselves didn't get a chance to hold him like that. '

I suddenly stopped upon hearing Wonhae, who suddenly stiffened due to the over-sensitive topic. It wasn't soon as I saw his eyes slowly swelling with tears. Though as an Alpha, he's stronger than me both physically and mentally. But still, an Alpha could never be controlled when his mate and his pup were somehow in danger. Wonhae was never different. He loved both of us when he got to know the truth about our baby but he, unfortunately, was affected a lot by the end of our baby.

' I'm so sorry, ' I mumbled kissing the tears away. He gently grabbed my hands and tried to smile.

' It's okay, it's not your fault. It might have felt good if our pup...you know? '

' Hmm. If the world wasn't like that and the war hasn't happened, maybe we might be a happy family. ' I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a while, feeling myself sinking into my mate's arms. We felt at ease as we both had our eyes closed before instantly ripping them open hearing a loud bark out of nowhere.