CHAPTER 55: FRIGHTFUL DELIGHT

Author's POV

Thunderwelt was supposed to be upside-down.

When Wonhae brought the unconscious Alpha female 7 months ago to be treated by his husband, never in their nightmares, they thought the day she'd wake up would be calm. Calm...not as the sleeping volcano but like the calmness in the depth of the ocean.

The entire family were huddled together in the entrance of the infirmary with only Jwan, Wonhae and Natasha inside watching the woman with the cat still snoozing on her lap, bothered about nothing.

" How do you feel? " Jwan gently cleared his throat.

" Numb. " Amanda answered almost immediately, churning some of their hearts for they let a deathly silence embrace them. She raised her eyes at the Luna. " It doesn't hurt now. "

Jwan understood what she meant with a simple movement of Amanda's eyes on Natasha before it returned to him, calmly. The agony of losing someone dearest to the soul makes them numb to everything for a consecutive amount of period once they're forced into a rest.

Amanda raised her eyes to the Alpha on Jwan's side and her head slowly inclined with a sigh.

" I apologise for my inappropriate actions... Alpha Kim. "

None dared to breathe, dreading to break the tensing silence before Natasha let out a shaky sigh.

" I guess... Some of us— Maybe all of us are still processing and...and you need proper rest and time to process more. " Natasha's eyes didn't meet the Alpha female as she feared she might go mute just like everyone and lose a chance to bring Amanda out of her shell. " We can also—

" You're alive. "

Natasha momentarily halted, raising her head to finally meet the smoky blue eyes of the woman, swarming with tiredness and red veins here and there. Of course, she didn't notice others slightly stiffening around them.

"You have a lot of things to catch on, dear. We should take things slow. " Jwan meddled between them, not wanting the women to be triggered on their own with a single factor; his son.

Amanda nodded, slowly and her eyes halted on the Alpha once again.

" You knew my wolf was gone... Why did you offer to treat me, Alpha? "

" Chances are slim but they're still there for Isa to be awakened once again, dear. "

Calm as ever, she didn't react much to the thought except for the name of her wolf. How long had it been since she felt the other side of her soul?

Speak of the devil, here he comes.

The memories of her handsome and loving mate, the other half of her soul with whom she had bonded her fate for eternity, sprawled before her eyes like a film.

Her left hand slowly moved to the back of her neck as if it was something she was used to doing for a sense of familiarity. For a sense of sanity to hold back on anything to stop herself from going berserk once again. The moment when her fingertips touched the carved crescent moon on the back of her neck, her motionless heart flipped and an intense sense of warmth embraced her like an invisible shield, protecting her fragile and tender heart from the naked eyes.

' Even as numb as she says, she's still responsive to her soul. ' Daniel silently observed from the door as everybody watched the woman's eyes become small pools of tears.

They watched Amanda, just like an ordinary woman, longing for a taste of someone special's presence.

Nevertheless, they lasted only for a few seconds before she sucked in a deep breath and her face turned stoic almost immediately, wiped out of expression.