𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭

I feel like I lost my innocence in a race I wasn't ready for, and now I can't have it back.
-(Zion Boselli)

       𝐋𝐢𝐚

There are almost eight billion people in the world, eight billion hearts, yet my heart chose to beat for the most unsuited of them.

It pounded in my chest with a force that was possible to ignite a fire at my first sight of him. His tall, lean frame, yet suitable for driving a race car, fitted perfectly in a black ensemble, a baseball cap that hid his dark hair, and green eyes sparkling with a knowing glint when they landed on me. Like he knew a secret about me, and he did, only him and I did.

What the hell was he playing at?

I stood at the back while he hugged everyone, waiting patiently for my turn. I couldn't stop my eyes from running over his body, stopping at his throat, the moving Adam's apple as he laughed, his arms around the youngest girls of our family.

How did the boy I grew up with turn into this heartthrob?

Once it was my turn, he drew me to him as if he had been waiting for the chance for a while, leaning on my shoulder, smelling my hair almost loudly.

"Stop that!" I told him, wanting to draw out his arms but wanting to prolong the embrace.

"Stop what?" he purred, rubbing his nose on the side of my neck.

"Sniffing me," I said forcefully, feeling hypocritical because I was savoring his ocean scent.

"You feel like Cola." I accused, pulling out of his arms. Cola was our labrador retriever. He laughed, slowly letting me go, one of his arms remaining on my waist for more than a heartbeat.

When we were done hugging Luca, we all went to the house. Zion had still not returned, which was really annoying because he was the reason for this gathering.

Although Luca's stuff was not as much as Serena's, I noticed they were more for a person who was not staying for more than three days. I didn't ask, but I intended to do so later.

I went to the kitchen to prepare a proper breakfast for myself while everyone else gathered in the living room other than Luca, who'd gone to his room.

"Need some help?" I smiled at Matteo and shook my head.

"I'm only making mine; everyone else is old enough to make their own." he smiled, opening the fridge; he must not have found what he was looking for because he closed it without removing anything else and then left.

Alone again, I took out one egg, tomato, onion, and a half avocado and then boiled the egg. I cut each of them into small pieces and then dipped them into a bowl.

"Disgusting," said Zion. He was leaning on the door, smiling like he wasn't the reason people took time out of their busy schedules to have this emergency meeting. As if he didn't know I was angry with him. But I had not seen him in three months; his blue eyes so like our mother's shone with playfulness, his arms held out towards me, waiting for me to run into them. How could I stay angry with him?

I ran to him, and his arms wrapped around me tightly. "It's good to see you, Lia," I felt tears trickle down my cheeks at the emotion in his voice. "It's good to see you too. How is Italy?" my voice sounded stronger than I expected.

"The same. Though I have to say, it's fantastic living with Luc again."

I bet. I thought, stepping out of his arms. He was so tall, just like our father.