two

Lily

・゚✧*:・゚✧

I have a very faint memory of seeing my parents being truly in love.

I was seven at the time and the only thing I remember is that I was on my way to the kitchen for some chocolate chip cookies because I couldn't sleep and then I stopped right by the door of the kitchen.

I heard some faint music from the other side of the door.

I was confused because I had thought that my parents were asleep so I let curiosity take complete control over me.

Very slowly I reached for the doorknob and I let the door open just a bit.

With the door a little bit open I saw how my dad and mom slowly danced to a song that was playing from a little red radio that was on the counter, right by the stove.

My dad had both of his hands on my mother's waist as he held her very close to him.

My mother had both of her hands around my dad's neck as she leaned very close to him.

They looked so in love it was mesmerizing.

The lights were turned on just a bit and they didn't seem to care that they were dancing in almost pure darkness. I guess because they felt so safe in each other's arms.

My dad leaned down to whisper something in my mom's ear and she giggled at whatever he said to her.

They laughed, kissed, and whispered things to each other as they danced safely in their arms.

I watched them in complete awe because it was such a beautiful thing to watch.

It's my only childhood memory that I remember of seeing both of my parents loving each other.

The other memories I remember are of them just hating on each other.

Something I wish is to never end like them.

・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Ma'am, is there something else I can get you?" I look up from the cashier and ask the lady behind the counter as I pass her the ice cream she ordered.

I live in this small town, where everyone knows everyone and where everyone works with everyone.

So that means I work with some of the kids that I went to school with.

I hate it so much but it's just a summer job so I guess it's fine.

Besides I get free ice cream.

"Umm..." The sweet lady pauses to grab her ice cream with both hands. "No, I think that would be it, sweetie,"

She offers me a bright smile that somehow makes me smile back at her.

"Okay," I told her and then proceed to check how much her total is going to be.

I open my mouth to speak and tell her when all of the sudden she starts talking again. I see that she's looking at a young couple that is sharing ice cream with both of them and is sitting down at a table by the window.

They look so young, happy, and in love that you can't help but stare at them.

"Ah, to be young and in love again honey," She says with a big sigh. "Don't you think they look so happy?"

Her question throws me off guard and when I listen to her words, I whip my head back to see her as I blink.

"I mean, they do but that's just of right now," Lily you sound like a hater. "Your total is 3.70,"