CHAPTER 7: Betrayal

Eleanor Leywin

His cold gaze sent shivers down my spine. My instincts told me to run hide, to get as far away as possible from this man, but I couldn't. My knees were locked as my vision faded to nothingness for the second time this day.

"No...noooooo" I screamed as I jolted awake. My mind still foggy I decided to checked my neck. Noticing that a golden necklace decorated with red accents was still dangling from my neck, I grinned. I'm alive I thought to myself.

Checking my surroundings I noticed I was in a small wooden room. A painting decorated one of the walls, with a horned man at its focus. His horns grew towards his back and outwards like an elks, with jewels hanging from them.

He was handsome with black hair and ruby eyes. The man admitted a powerful aura from him but that only added to his charm, reminding me of a prince from fairy tails that my mother used to read me at night.

My mother! My eyes shooting off the painting to a couch on the opposite side of the room. I ran over to her and checked her breathing, she's alive I sighed relieved.

Turning back around I froze. But where is Tessia, where is Boo. As if to answer my second question I felt a tugging at my core. It was Boo. Although he was too weak to talk to me, knowing he was safe was enough. Exploring more of the room I found a few bottles of water and some nuts on my bed drawer, but that was it.

Turning towards the only door I tried opening it. Damn I thought, it's locked. Looking for another way to escape I noticed that there were no windows. The more I thought about it the more the despair sank in. This was a cage.

But why did that man spare us. What use could we possibly have to offer him? He could have put us away in a prison but he gave us a comfortable place to stay. Trying to remember more about our kidnapper a flash of his face appeared in my mind. He had something on his head but I couldn't pinpoint what exactly.

I looked back over to the painting on the wall and gasped.

Both the man that kidnapped me and the man on the wall were Vritra. So am I in...Alacrya?

Agrona Vritra

"Did you confirm Arthur Leywins presence in Alacrya?" I asked.

"Yes we saw him taking the ascender exam yesterday."

"And is his family safe?"

"Yes they are currently in their designated room, neither awake yet."

"I see...you may leave."

A gust of wind flew towards me as my spies vanished from sight.

To think that bringing Arthur over to my side would be this easy. I smirked. Although the reincarnation of the legacy has already started. Having all three of the reincarnates was essential in overthrowing Kezees.

"Now how can we make him ours" I asked turning around.

"His family is his only anchor from descending into madness. If we can make them turn on him...he will be like wet clay, moldable to our liking." Said a soothing, calm voice. 

"As always you are right, Lady Sylvia."

Flashback ~Syvlia Indrath~

"Go, my child."

"You will die if I leave, won't you?"

"Yes...but I have already excepted my fate. So please do not worry about me."

Hesitating the boy walked towards the portal.

"I'm sorry." He said with tears in his eyes.

Sending him a warm smile back he turned around and walked through the portal.

I'm sorry, Grey. I wish there was another way.

Looking down I saw the gapping hole already healing.

AN:
Ok I'm curious who likes the plot twist. I think it gives an amazing opportunity to flesh out Sylvia's character and her "romance" with Agrona. It also gives Agrona a more human approach now that he has a love interest and everybody isn't just his tool.

If you don't like it feel free to tell me and why.

My school just started so I am really sorry for the short chapter. I hope you enjoyed it!