Chapter five: Backing down for good

It had been two weeks since they parted ways, lost contact, and simply did nothing about it till that one night.
"Hold on" Nick yells awaiting the hesitation on Ziggy's part but she never looks back. Nick keeps chasing Ziggy who can apparently sprint rapidly. "Ziggy!" Nick calls after her yet again and nothing, again. "My dad is to blame here, Ziggy, don't you see that?" Nick asks hopelessly. Ziggy looks back at him and slows her pace. "How so?" Ziggy asks sarcastically. "I can't tell you much, Ziggy, but you need to trust me when I tell you that I'm" Nick pauses attempting to gather himself and find the right words but he gets lost in her ocean eyes. "You're what?" Ziggy asks impatiently. "Nothing" Nick says still gazing into her eyes. "See, after all, I guess I don't know you, Nick" Ziggy says hurt by her own words, now turning back. "No, Ziggy, No." his voice desperate. Nick sprints after her. He pulls her back by her arm trying to capture her ocean eyes back on his, attentively listening and looking. "You have got to give this a chance, you're seriously gonna leave me behind because your sister died?" Nick says, instantly shocked by his very own words. The shock quickly turns into guilt. Ziggy lets go of his hand aggressively, his grip on her arm, now lost. "Ziggy, wait" Nick yells glancing at the overflowing tears before she could turn around, but it was too late now, she was already gone.

The next day was terribly traumatic for Ziggy. Every time she tried to capture Nick's essence, beauty, and personality, all she could see was what he saw, a dead sister and a grieving one and that always brought her back to where she had died for just a while meanwhile her sister's dead corpse was lying an inch away. But maybe it wasn't so bad that she had almost died. Why did she prefer that? At times, she would wish she had died that day too. Other times, she would consider how different it could've been. Like had she sacrificed herself gallantly instead, maybe she would spare her sister's life and die instead, which really would accommodate her wishes. A bittersweet goner she could've been, a hero too, maybe.

Nick had immensely hated himself. Not only for ruining whatever he had with Ziggy completely and not salvaging it in any other way, but also for his parents, his life, his duty, but himself the most. The only thing that made him feel good about himself was Ziggy. Ziggy challenged him, Ziggy aroused Nick to be himself and be happy about it too, Ziggy was able to do what couldn't be done by any other, an unattainable goal he thought, before she had come along, at least. Looking back at that night, he also hated himself then and there too, but what made that night so memorable, in a good way, was Ziggy. Ever since he had held her back, wrapping her around his arms, stopping her from beating Sheila up, he had fallen in love. Ever since she flipped him off, he grew more in love. Till he progressively grew in love with her to the deepest extents possible. It bothered him that he couldn't do much about it, because despite Ziggy being the most pleasurable thing he had ever encountered, he was well aware that she was stubborn and wouldn't ever back down. She was fed up, and he had to accept it.

'Fuck it' Nick thought. He grabbed his car keys and hopped in, turning on the engine and leaving. After a while of driving, swearing, and sitting in silence during the red lights, Nick was finally there. He knocked on the door three times, fully charged with desperation and hurt and denial. He couldn't condone his behavior, let alone move past it so casually, he wasn't raised to be condescending, at least not by his morals, because to be fair, his entire family was always condescending about their money, but he was different, he figured. Nick kept knocking growing impatient and aggressive towards the door. Ziggy and his intangible distance was causing him agony. After a while of knocking and receiving no response, Nick patted his hands, readying himself to climb up her window. Once Nick had gotten to the rooftop, he aggressively knocked on Ziggy's window leaving her alarmed. Ziggy grabbed a sharp blade from her drawer, approaching her window. Once Ziggy had noticed it was Nick, she kept yelling at him to leave, but she knew he wouldn't. His insatiable desire was unstoppable at this point, and very much obvious, as he was being viewed by a couple people down the street looking directly at him. After a while of knocking, Ziggy opens her window grunting and stepping aside. "As much as I am enthralled by this act of passion or genuineness, I can't tell nor keep up, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave." Ziggy says frigidly, looking back and forth awkwardly. "I didn't mean that, I'm sorry" Nick said gazing into her eyes once again. "Nick, you can't apologize for every little bullshit thing you do, and I always have to put up with that fucking shit." Ziggy says vexed. "Mhm" Nick tones out unfocused. Ziggy keeps babbling figuring he was still listening to her. "Wow" Nick mumbles unconsciously whilst looking into her, deeply, perfectly. "What was that?" Ziggy asks knowing full well what she had heard. "Oh, what? Nothing" Nick quickly responds. "Nick" Ziggy says glancing at his feet to his hands to his eyes till her eyes are relocated on his pink, soft velvet lips. "Yes?" Nick replies back. "I'm" Ziggy manages to get out, still confused by where she was going with this sentence. Attempting to say something and finish her sentence was a dead end. Ziggy finds herself cold and wanting the distance between them gone. Ziggy fulfills their distance by walking towards Nick, kissing him. She held onto the back of his neck passionately delivering that kiss. Nick held onto her waist, refusing to believe what had happened. He guessed wrong, she surely backed down.