Sleepless night

Milk and Yam are on their quest to find Dark Choco cookie!!
On one of their sleepless anticipating nights, Yam could not fall asleep 😮
---------------------------------------------------
Short story that focuses on Yam (he needs therapy)
Cw for mentions of trauma ☹️
Fluff, angst and comfort!!<33

Its been awhile since Milk and Yam could properly settle down their baggage and have a good night's worth of slumber. They were both exhausted from their previous weeks of searching for the fallen prince.

It's been getting colder as they reached the snowy parts of the Cacao Kingdom,. Their blankets alone were not enough to recover their warmth.

The forest was silent, trees slept and the air was cool. Not a single animal dared to speak at the twilights beautifully hushed comfort.

Milk had set up a campfire, much to Yams dismay. But indeed it kept them both warm. And besides for the graceful dances of the flames, the forest was empty. They were completely alone together.

Milk was inside their shared tent, he was fast asleep on his side, his arms wrapped around his pillow. His light snores gave the night some comfort.

Yet Yam could not sleep.
He was tired, yes, but no matter how hard he tried, his thoughts kept rambling on and on.
He hated to admit it, but he was tense. Anxious on what type of fight Dark Choco would put up, and what he would do after..

Yam had already left their tent and sat upright, the light of the campfire embracing his face in a warm orange tone. Yam usually hated the flames, they taunted him in their twirling dances, always reminding him of the several burn marks stretched across his body. But he was cold, and he needed warmth.

They were alone together, yet Yam felt even more alone. He never really had a friend by his side, let alone a friend he could share his emotions with. That's something Yam could never do. It would ruin his strong and ruthless image he tried so hard to captivate. Even if it wasn't fully him.
It was embarrassing to admit that all he wanted to do was cry.

Yam turned from the campfire. His back turned to their shared tent.
He was angry. Angry that no matter what he did his thoughts never went away.

In his rage, Yam threw his arms arms around in anger. His movement mimicking that of a boxer. His face went red as he continued his motions, slightly grunting instead of yelling as he desperately did not want to wake Milk up. How embarrassing that would be for him.

However, what Yam failed to notice was his proximity to the campfire. He was getting closer and closer to the screaming pit of fire, as he reached the flames, emergency sirens started going off in his brain. But it was far to late.
He couldn't stop the last throw, he could feel the warmth increases as his fist reached the red blazing pit. And the fierce parching flames wrapped itself around his arm.

It was horrific.

Yams arm went completely cold as the familir venom set in.

It was unbearable

His body fell to the ground instinctively.

Yams arm was on fire.

The beautiful silence of the night was broken as Yam shrieked and bawled in pain, shock and horror.

He rolled around in the cold forest dirt, desperate trying to set off the flames, tears streaming from his eyes as his anger turned into complete fear.

Yam was to busy with his injury that he completely forgot about his friend he tried so hard to not wake up. Milk.

Milk was jolted awake from an unfamiliar burst of tears and pain. Startled, he immediately grabbed his shield and staff and ran out of his tent. There was absolutely no other thought in his mind than "I have to help the poor soul" not even knowing who or what made the broken noise.