Power Couple 2

Royal Rumble 2022, St. Louis, MO

He almost lost the match before it had even started. You knew he knew that. But one of the many things your husband was excellent at, was his ability to recover. In the rarest of occasions when he slipped up, even just for a second...the comeback was always spectacular. Brutal. Something to acknowledge...pun very much intended.

Not only did Roman retain the title - via DQ, but who cared - he made a huge statement by beating Seth Rollins and his stupid mind games into oblivion with a steel chair. Poetic justice. Releasing all that suppressed angst on his former brother had to be lethargic. Orgasmic, even. You smiled with evil pride when he put his stamp on the other championship match, sliding into the ring while the referee was down and spearing Brock Lesnar to hell. Conversely, you rolled your eyes when that prostitute Heyman publicly dumped Lesnar for his Tribal Chief. Nevertheless, everything had gone just as planned. Brock was no longer Champion, therefore cementing Roman as the top dog in all of professional wrestling.

Jimmy and Jey were in the Bloodline's spacious lounge with you, their eyes gleaming with triumph as they watched their cousin wreck everyone and leave. "He did it, sis. Told you your man would come through," Jey crowed.

"I know." You graciously accepted the big kisses both brothers planted on each of your cheeks, reveling in their jubilation. If your family was happy, then you were happy.

A Maybach limousine was waiting to take you and Roman to your Four Seasons suite after the show

A Maybach limousine was waiting to take you and Roman to your Four Seasons suite after the show. Only the best for the Tribal Chief, of course. As you made your way to the pickup spot, you noticed Paul Heyman trailing behind your husband like an obedient puppy, looking smug for reasons you did not understand. Did he really think all was forgiven after defecting to the Beast's camp? Just because Roman and the twins had forgiven him didn't mean you had. You had kept silent all these weeks to keep the peace, but no more.

"Good to have you back, Paul," you said to him.

You could see the confusion on his face even as he smiled brightly. You never liked him and made no bones about it. "Thank you, Ma'am."

Roman, knowing his wife all too well, knew what was coming and made a half-hearted attempt to stop it. "Babe..."

"No, seriously," you continued, ignoring your husband. Your voice was silky sweet as you reached out and gently thumbed the front of Paul's tie. "Roman brought you back to the Bloodline because he considers you to be family. I respect that, and I respect his reasons. And maybe I didn't tell you before, but there's something you should know."

Your eyes creased menacingly, your tone harshening with every word you uttered. "You see these men behind me?" You pointed at the three huge Samoans, all of whom failed miserably in hiding their amusement. "They're not just family, Paul. They're mine. They're me. And I promise you this. The next time you even think-" Without warning, you yanked Heyman's tie with force, bringing the spluttering man nose to nose with your murderous expression, "-of crossing my husband, or my brothers, my family...The next time you dare to betray me? That Superman punch you ate in December will be a spa session compared to what I do to you. Do you understand?"