Chapter 1: Dreams

THUD!

"Jesus Christ, Not again!" I groaned, rubbing the back of my head as I got up off of the floor. This seems to be turning into a regular occasion, waking up with my ass on the ground and my head throbbing. Every night, the same sort of nightmares.. war, death, and a world that only reminds me of a twisted version of that series about the ring.

I reach over to my desk and grab a notepad. A friend of mine told me apparently writing this stuff down can help "evaluate my psyche" or some crap, if only I could remember it. I toss the book back onto my desk and stand up, and nearly jump out of my skin as my phone's alarm goes off. "Man.." I sigh to myself. There truly is nothing worse than waking up minutes before your alarm.

I go to walk out of my bedroom but as soon as I reach the doorway a spiking pain erupts from my forehead. I start to get woozy as the room begins to spin.. "Musta hit my head harder than I thought.." I mutter to myself as I step back and collapse onto my couch. I sit back cradle my head and close my eyes.

My phone once again goes off, this time a call. I pick it up and look at the name of the caller. I let out a sigh and hit accept. "Hey Tom how's it goin?" I ask before he can get a word in. " Not bad man, you sound like shit!" He says with a laugh. "You doing alright?" He asks. "Yeah.. yeah.. just another damned migraine. Probably from writing that dream crap down every morning" I laughed. "True but we gotta chronicle your issues somehow, no matter how much of a lunatic it makes you look like!" He chuckled. " Yeah thanks asshole" I told him, grinning to myself. "So what do ya want now?"I asked, getting to my feet again, it seems the wooziness has worn off at least. "Oh come on man, can't I check in on my resident psycho now and then? Oh, and also to remind you of your visit coming up in a few." I walked to the calendar to take a look. " What visit? Pretty sure our appointment isn't until next.."

SLAM SLAM SLAM

I about drop the phone and look towards the door.

SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM

"God damn! I yell, "I'm coming I'm coming!" I put the phone to my ear, "Tom?" I ask. Nothing but silence followed by a dial tone. "Ok, what the fuck ever" I say to myself as I walk towards the door and pull it open. Now I'm about 6 foot 3, pretty tall, but I still have to look up to see this bastard, as my eyes move towards his face I feel as if a dresser gets slammed into my head. As I fall back into the ground and the world begins to go dark, I see a smaller framed man step out behind him and walk towards me with... green skin? The last thing I see before I pass out from the pain.