21

Leonelle Moreau

I felt the sunlight on my face before I opened my eyes and saw, then I shut my eyes again.

"Non, non. Réveille-toi, Elle. Allez [No, no. Wake up, Elle. C'mon.]"

"Attends." I whined, wanting to go back to my peaceful slumber.

"T'as été endormi pour toute le nuit et tu m'as presque donné une crise cardiaque. Allez. [You've been asleep for the whole night and you almost gave me a heart attack. C'mon.]" This time it was more of a command and I was pulled up into a sitting position.

"Charles, s'il te plais-"

"C'est le jour de quali et je te laisse dormir, ça suffit. [It's quali day and I let you sleep in, that's enough.]" His voice was stern, it brought a lazy smile to my face. I opened my eyes slowly to be met with a matching stern look on his face.

"Tu soundager plus à mon père qu'à mon père lui-même. [You sound more like my father than my father himself.]" I chuckled, sitting straighter than before.

"Est-ce une bonne ou une mauvaise chose? [Is that a good or a bad thing?]" He quirked an eyebrow up at me.

I gave him a visibly broken thumbs up. "Bonne chose. [Good thing.]" I answered him, just wanting to drop back down and continue sleeping.

"Non." He said once, slapping my face gently before he stood up in front of me. I was picked up off the bed, bridal style, might I add, and I was carried to my ensuite bathroom.

"Non." I groaned. "Charles, arrête." I tried to sound stern and awake, but I failed pretty badly.

"Voila." He said, seating me on the countertop then exited the bathroom. "Dépêche-toi! [Hurry up!]" He yelled, shutting both doors after him. I sighed, accepting myself and lowering my feet back to the ground. I took a quick shower and then walked out towards my closet.

I put ona pair of mom jeans and a Redbull polo then walked out and walked inside the bathroom again. Quickly, I split my hair from the middle and started braiding the tops then put it onto low space buns. I grabbed my cap and put on my slip-ons. I walked out, finally done and more awake than before.

"Je suis prêt! [I'm ready!]" I yelled as I hopped down the stairs, feeling better than ever this morning.

"Et nous allons être en retard! [And we're gonna be late!]" Charles yelled back as I spotted everyone at the front door, ready to go.

"Pas de petit déjeuner? [No breakfast?]" I asked, following out the door after them.

"Nous en avions déjà. [We already had some.]" Soléa whispered to me like it was a secret as I watched Charles approach the car, unlock it and sit in the driver's seat.

I grumbled under my breath, accepting my fate and walking over to the car when I noticed Vivi stopped and wasn't getting in with us. "You're not coming?" I asked her, opening the door for Soléa and finding a booster seat inside. "Charles, tu as eu ça pour Soléa? [Charles, did you get that for Soléa?]" I wondered, but I didn't recieve an accent.

"I'm taking an uber. I gotta get somewhere." Vivienne answered me after I had buckled Soléa in and shut the door after her. "I'll meet you after Quali." She said, waving me off as I rounded the car to get to my seat.

"Text me if you need anything." I pointed out before I slipped into the car and shut the door. "Charles, tu n'as pas répondu à ma question [Charles, You didn't answer my question.]" I pushed, connecting my phone to the aux and putting it on shuffle, but luckily, 'Je Veux' came on and I was the happiest woman on earth.