Chapter 3

With his hoodie over his head, V started walking to his new home. It was only a 2 minute walk until he got there but on the way, there was some people on the streets and they couldn't stop looking at him. Maybe it's because it's a small city and barely anyone lives here or maybe they saw the dark colors covering his beautiful face that caught their attention.

The sign on the street read "Ri-na street" and V knew he arrived to his new home. His house door number is "7" and he looked up to see a small humble house that needs a lot of renovations but he doesn't care. It's his new space and he will fix it in his own pace.

He walked the short steps to the door and slowly unlocked it, coughing so hard when he opened the door. Looks like the house hasn't been opened in years. He got inside and locked the door again and proceeded to open the windows to let the dust get out so he could breathe oxygen.

"I think I'm gonna like it here!" V had a small smile on his lips as he looked around the house. Everything was old but V always had a liking for vintage stuff so he loved it here. "Just needs a little renovation and it will be good." V whispered as he looked at the kitchen and the bathroom.
It was a small old house with only one floor and a basement which V was kind of scared of going there because it was really dark and he couldn't find the light switch. So he decided to lock the door and place a chair blocking the door lock instead. He couldn't take risks!

He had everything planned before coming here. He saved some money, bought the house and planned on finding a job in Taeheung-ri and just live here for the rest of his life, alone and hidden.

V searched around the house for cleaning tools but he could only find a old cleaning cloth and a broom so he decided to use what he had for now and then go to the nearest market to buy some bed sheets, cleaning products and most importantly food.

He got out of his cold shower feeling refreshed but really cold because the water heater machine was apparently broken but the previous owner didn't fix it. Another thing he would have to fix and would cost a lot of money... He doesn't even know how to fix it and it was making him frustrated because he didn't want to get someone else to do it. Either way, he shrugged it off for now and got busy dressing himself so he could walk to the market. Before leaving his house, he made sure everything was locked and his hoodie was over his head. This time he placed a little foundation on his face so it wouldn't be too noticable.

It was around 7:30 pm when V walked to the market which he had no idea where it was located. Since it was a small town, it wouldn't be difficult to find. The market was almost empty if it wasn't for the guy behind the counter. It was a small place but it looked like it had everything a person needs to feed themselves and live a normal life. He frowned when the guy working there slowly approached him with a smile on his face.

"Good evening!" He excitedly said. "I have never seen you around here before so I just want to tell you we are closing at 7:45 pm today because of the small festival happening just around the corner, next to the fish market." The guy said with a big smile on his face. V found it surprising how everyone he has encountered here are super nice and are always smiling. Contrary to where he lived before, everyone smiled but it wasn't sincere smiles but the ones that show jealousy, evil and dark thoughts. He was too naive and innocent to know how to read those kind of smiles but now he has learned his lesson. In the hardest way...

"Hmmm hi... I will be quick." V said in a small voice and then walked away quickly, grabbing his basket and placing everything he needed to eat. He found some good quality bed sheets too which made him happy because he always had trouble sleeping after... Anyway, he hopes these bed sheets make him sleep for once. Maybe it was too much to ask but all V wanted was peace and a good night of sleep.