Chapter Two (edited)

Around 7:45 I was woken up by movement on my bed. I groaned and turned to face who I thought was my cat. My eyes opened slowly, the blurriness fading after a moment. The blur above me didn't turn into my precious kitty but instead my best friend. Holden was looking down at me, his hands on either side of my shoulders. He was smiling widely, his aura way too bright for it being this early in the morning.

"Wake up sleepy-head, it's vacation time."

"Then move over." I swatted him away lightly. "I can't get up." He complied and sat criss-cross next to me. I closed my eyes again. "And give me five more minutes..."

"Nooo, (Y/n)!" He plopped down next to me, head on the adjacent pillow. I could tell he wanted to go back to bed too. "You can sleep in the car." I opened my eyes again to stare into his. We were pretty close but it wasn't too often that we were this physically close. His smile didn't falter as he waited for me to wake up. I covered my face with the blanket to hide my face which was undoubtedly bright red.

"Fineee."

☆☆☆

The car ride was only about an hour and we were quietly listening to Waterparks. We were perfectly fine with staring out the window. It was too early for anything else. Both of us were still in our PJ's, planning to sleep in the car but too awake now. Halfway through the drive I lowered my window, letting the wind blow my hair around. I was too busy watching the trees fly by to notice Holden turn to look at me and smile.

 I was too busy watching the trees fly by to notice Holden turn to look at me and smile

(your pjs)                               

(Holden's pjs)

When we got there Holden and I were fully awake. We'd been singing along to the music for the past ten minutes, no doubt annoying his parents. The car had hardly stopped before we were jumping out the doors and staring in awe at the beach house. It was a huge cottage-type house that was sitting right on the shore of a lake.

"Come get your bags and then go get dressed," Holden's mom looked at us while his dad began taking our bags out of the trunk. "We're going out soon."

"Out? Mom, we just got here."