Chapter 1

You are Y/n (your name) you are a female *sorry for boys and non-binary people* you are alone most of the time. Not a lot of people like you, because they think you are weird. You are ok with that because you just tell yourself that the more friends you have the more people you will have to please and you don't want to do that.

(past y/n from fifth grade)
I am having a good day at school, I am talking to some other kids my age and having fun. Well as the school day comes to an end I start to get a little more scared because I am going to have to go home to my dad in a bit, and I don't like my dad very much. (he always scares me in more than one way) It is the end of the day and my father is here to pick me up and take me home. I try to hide from him but he finds me and takes me home. As soon as me and him get home he starts yelling at me.
"HOW DARE YOU HIDE FROM ME! AND MAKE ME GO LOOKING FOR YOU! YOU BRAT!"
"I-I'm s-sorry father it won't happen again! I promise! Just please don't hurt me! Please!"
"OH IS THAT SO! WELL THEN WAY DID YOU HIDE THIS TIME IF YOU SAID THAT LAST TIME! HUH?! ANSWER THAT YOU PATHETIC BRAT!"
"I-I"
"You-you? WHAT IS IT?! SPIT IT OUT CHILD!"
"I-i don't know father"
"Well you better come up with an answer quickly because I am going to go get the belt and if you don't have an answer by the time I am back then you are getting whooped. You got that brat?"
"Y-yes father" as dad walked away to get the belt I tried to think of something to keep me from getting hit by daddy. But it didn't work because he came back before I could come up with something.
"I'm back. Did you come up with something? Or am I going to have to discipline you?"
"I-I..."
"To late"
"No dad please. AHHHHHHHH!"
"That is what you get for hiding from me you brat" That was that last thing I heard before everything went silent and dark. What seemed like a few seconds was actually a few hours. I opened my eyes to see my dad asleep on the sofa. I ran up the stairs to my room quietly to make sure I didn't wake up my father. As soon as I closed the door behind me I locked it and waited for my mother to get home from a very long business trip. Actually after that night I was wondering if she would ever come home to me and I was starting to think I was the reason she left and not work. The next morning I woke up and went to school with a mark on my face from when my dad hit me but I couldn't tell anyone that or else I would get in even more trouble.
"Hello y/n! Oh what is that in your face? Are you ok sweetie?" the kind teacher asked me. I just nodded and said
"Yes ma'am i'm ok I just tripped the other day and hit my face that's all"
"Oh ok then" With that the teacher walked away to greet the other kids. Ever since my mother left I became a really good liar having to cover up for my father all the time that now I have a problem. I walked into my class and sat alone again. A few minutes have passed and the teacher announces the new class jobs for today.