Chapter 2

"Ok class now I am going to announce the class jobs today. First up we have Gabby on chalkboard duty. Next we have Blake, with cleaning up the bookshelves. Next is y/n and her job is... taking care of charlie."
The teacher said as I stood up and walked over to charlie the class hamster. Today is my turn to take care of her but for some reason I got this job three times this week, and that has never happened. Because whenever Mrs. Dovy sees that if a student got the same job twice in a week she will draw another popsicle stick for a new job to make sure that everyone gets a turn to do something different. For some reason I have been getting the same job every day. But I am not going to complain because I love Charlie and Charlie loves me. I have always been good with animals because my dad used to work at a zoo and I would always help him out with the animals till he got fired because a kid blamed him for something and his boss picked the kids' side. Well as I picked up charlie and got ready to clean out her cage and replace the old hay with some new, fresh hay. The rest of the day went by like normal. No one talked to me and we learned some more cool stuff. By the end of the day during free time I hung out with Charlie till it was time to get picked up. I was getting ready for my father to come and get me but then something happened. Mrs. Dovy came and told me that it was time to go like usual, but as we were walking over to the door I Heard a familiar voice. I ran over to know who it was and see if I was right. And as soon as I saw who was talking I started crying because it was my mother. My mother came for me. 'I am saved from my father' I thought to myself. I ran up to my mother and hugged her. She hugged me back and said in the softest voice ever.
"Ready to go home sweetie?" I nodded and hugged her again. As the two of us are walking back home we talk about all the cool things that happened. I also told her what daddy did to me. After I told mom this she seemed a little upset so I asked her.
"Hey mommy what's wrong?" Mommy just looked at me and said.
"Nothing sweetie, can you just tell me what else daddy does to you?" with that I told her everything that has been going on since she left on that business trip. When we got home mommy told me to go play in my room and to close the door. I listened to her and went to my room. I was little at the time so I didn't really know what was going on, but all I know was that after my mom came up to my room to see if I was hungry daddy was gone.