Chapter 5

Tedros looked at me and I said.
"Well that is because this is his first time coming here. I am the one that comes here all the time. It is my favorite cafe/small restaurant because my mom used to bring me here all the time but now she has no time to come with me so I normally come here alone."
"Alone? Why not with your boyfriend?"
"Well-"
"Well it's because we go to two different schools and I am always busy with school, and work." Hort looked at me with a confused but understanding look on his face. So did tedros but he just held my hand tight and we continued to tell his friends about our fake relationship. After hort and his sister left you stayed with tedros to talk to him a bit.
"So tedros why did you need to ask someone you didn't know for help? And won't Hort figure out it was all fabricated once we stop hanging out?"
"No he won't."
"Really? How do you know he won't ask about your girlfriend?"
"I know because I know Hort and if I tell him that you dumped me and look really beat up about it he won't bother trying to get me to hang out or find another girlfriend."
"Oh... wow you really are best friends. But why did you ask a stranger and not girl friend?"
"Well... it's because I don't know many girls besides hort's sister and a lesbian couple"
"Oh that makes sense... well I guess I should get back to work... I hope your plan works out the way you want it." I got up to walk away, but I felt someone grab my hand. I turn around to see Tedros. He was looking at me with a flustered and soft expresion.
"Huh? What's up?" I was staring at Tedros who refused to make eye contact with me for a bit then he looked me in the eyes allowing me to see the pain and nervousness within him. He looked back down to my hand in his. Squeezed it for a second then let go with a sigh.
"Would you maybe like to hang out with me again sometime? I understand if you don't want to. You're probably too busy anyway with work and I'm assuming school."
"Well yes but that doesn't mean you can't come back to hang out with me on my break..." I suggested to tedros who looked back up at me with a small smile.
"Really?" he said timidly. "Yeah I'll do that, what's your schedule?" Here is my phone number, text me once you add it in your phone then I'll text you my schedule when I get the chance, but I have to get back to work... See you later, tedros." I waved at him and went to the back to change back into my uniform to get back to work. Four hours later and its closing time after cleaning and doing all of my side work I changed to head home. I grabbed my phone and saw a text from tedros and my mom.
5:30pm
Mom: hey sweetie sorry i'm working late again so I won't be home in time for dinner. There's stuff at home for you to cook yourself something. Or you can have one of the tv dinners in the freezer i love sweetie
3:47pm
Tedros (fake boyfriend guy): hey y/n tedros here please don't forget to text me hopefully see you tomorrow

I sent my schedule to tedros on my way home. Once I got home I cooked a simple one pot french onion pasta. It was good, but was sad because I was alone. Just as I plated the pasta my phone went off.
"Huh?"
6:27pm
Tedros (fake boyfriend guy): Hey ik that you might be busy with your own stuff right now but I saw on your schedule that you are off till tomorrow at 6 am so I was just wondering if you would like to hang out and get food maybe? Idk was just wondering sorry to bother you.

y/n: no its okay im not working on anything and i was about to eat dinner
Tedros (fake boyfriend guy): oh well i'll leave you be to eat with your family we can hang out some other time ttyl
y/n: okay ttyl
I was hesitant to send that message because I was conflicted. I wanted to hang out with him but at the same time we hardly know each other and I don't want to invite a stranger to my house. I'll text him after eating. In the meantime, movies! An hour later
7:46pm
y/n: hey tedros i'm done with dinner but it is late so maybe we can hangout tomorrow
Tedros (fake boyfriend guy): 👍

With that I went to bed. The next morning when I was about to make breakfast I noticed a note on the counter.
Note:
Hey sweetie, I left early this morning. There are some eggs and bacon in the fridge and bread in the pantry. I'll be working late again today so you will have to make yourself dinner today too. Sorry sweetie it's just for tonight. I promise.
Love mom

I figured as much she is always working late I wonder what happened to us. What happened to make us so distant. What happened to make her so busy all the time that she can't even see her daughter for even five minutes. I guess I'll never know. *ding* *ding* huh? What was that? Oh my phone. It's Michelle.
6:53am
✨Michelle✨: hey girl when are you getting here it's almost 6 we open together! Hurry and get to work!
y/n: on it!

Shit I didn't realize what time it was I needed to go! I'm rushing to get ready for work. Thankfully, I put my uniform in my bag last night after washing it. If not I would be in big trouble. Anyways, I got to go. I ran out of the house locking the door. Running to work was easy cause I am on the track team at school. I rush through the back door at work that leads straight to the lockers and changing rooms when I see Michelle leaning against the wall with her stopwatch.
"5 minutes and 37 seconds, that's a new record. I wonder if you can get here in just 5 minutes next time. You need to start setting earlier alarms."
"I do I'm just not a morning person so I usually just go back to sleep after turning them off. It's not my fault that I like my beauty sleep." I said dramatically whilst flipping my hair to the side.
"Yeah, but at least you are a fast runner and dont live that far from here."
"Yeah that is true. Thank goodness for being on the track team. Well anyways i need to go change into my uniform i'll meet you on the floor."
"Okay but hurry you only have one minute till opening."
"Shit" I got changed and went to the floor. People were already coming in. I start busting the few tables in my section with people at'em. While Michelle was working in her section and Amanda helping Kile at the counter, and Frank at the host stand. Provided there are not many people wanting a seat but soon there will be a good amount of college students showing up to get their breakfast and get homework that they saved for the last minute done. I relate, I too save my homework till the last minute at school. People come and go, mostly working folks that come here for our good food and quick timing.
7:30am
More people show up and a few are my regulars. I recognize them and Frank seats them in my section. I say hi and get their orders. The morning is going smoothly so far no karens. Which is good. They are annoying to deal with and they always ask for the manager at our busiest time. Which is when the manager helps us on the floor. So I get to explain that the manager is busy at the moment. But hopefully today I won't get any in my section. I walk by the host stand and see Michael. I flinch as we make eye contact. Frank sees me.
"Hey y/n are you okay why did you freeze all of a sudden?" Frank follows my gaze and sees Michael as well.
"y/n just continue working in your section, I'll make sure he doesnt get into the building. Okay?"
I nod in agreement and walk back to my section. Frank keeps an eye on Michael.
1:00pm
Michael left and he didn't try to come in. I wonder if it was because of Frank. He's a pretty big guy. A lot of people don't like to be around him but he is a gentle giant, but when push comes to shove Frank will be the one to protect the ones he cares about. A true papa bear. Michelle is Frank's daughter. She gets her temper and lack of filter from her mom who has twice as much bite to her bark. Me and Michelle are around the same age. She is just one year older than me. Honestly her parents treat me like a second daughter. Amanda is a very kind girl. Soft spoken but is sharp with her words. So you can tell when you pissed her off, she can get scary. I once saw her scare Frank with just a glance. I swear she is not as innocent as she makes everyone think