Permission (NSFW)

*Jinx's POV*

This moment is burned into my brain forever.

"Me?" Her look when I opened my eyes felt like a fever dream. Serious, calm, and sultry... like she had made peace with her inner thoughts to come to this decision. She nodded. I couldn't get the words out of my mouth. In all my life, no one had ever silenced me like this. Finally, I stumbled to say, "Red, we don't have to do this..."

"I want to." Solid, like an immovable boulder, she stared me straight in my eyes. It gave me chills all the way up to my shoulders.

"Why me?"

"I trust you," She wiggled, the way she does when she's uncomfortable. Putting one foot over the other and twirling her thumbs together while her hands clasped slightly. Mix wasn't the type to let herself come off as vulnerable, but the way she was fidgeting right now felt as if a fish had washed ashore, and was struggling to get back to water. She glanced down at the floor while her thoughts ran wild and I struggled with mine.

I had always thought about what I would do if Mix ever decided she wanted me. The answers always ranged between jumping at the chance and taking it slow, but I hadn't expected that I'd really ever be here. She knows I love her, I've told her too many times now, but did this have anything to do with that? Why now, after so many years? Did she love me too? I spiraled into my own tornado of bullshit for a moment, with both of us silently thinking together against the crackle of the fireplace. I wasn't expecting to feel so awkward right now.

After five minutes, Red got up and walked to the fridge to get some water without saying much. From the corner of my eye, I watched, until my feet nervously shook. A shock jolted me into reality.

Move.

MOVE.

My body screamed at me, ached for me to get into motion. Nothing else fucking mattered.

It didn't matter that it took so long.

It didn't matter that I didn't know why.

She said yes.

On autopilot, I stood and slowly walked up behind her, my hands crying for connection with her body.

Touch her.

Her hair smelled smoky and tropical, with her jet black curls outlining her frame from the back to the point that you couldn't really see her until her hip area. She was always shorter than me, but towering over her now felt... alluring. She let me wrap my arms around her, hugging so tightly that I could feel how warm she was. She placed her hand over mine, and let it rest there while I traced her body. My mind raced. I wasn't ready mentally, but my body had been prepared for this since I first fell in love. I couldn't believe she was letting me in like this.

I wanted to continue, but I hesitated. I knew she'd never done anything like this before, even at twenty-four. If I was going to do it, it was gonna be everything she could have imagined, or maybe even not imagined. So-- I turned her to me and titled her chin up to me, my hand resting gently on her cheek. Her eyes, a shiny amber, twinkled against the LED lights.

"Mixie," I sighed, so close to her that I could feel her breathing, "If this happens, where do we go from here?"

"Wherever life takes us, I guess," She answered so gently that it threw me off. As if she completely suppressed Red Bull in order to be in my arms like this. Was this Mixie I was holding right now, or a form even I've never seen before?

"There's no going back from this, Red."

"God, I know, Jinx," She closed her eyes and pulled away from me slightly, frustration clearly on her face. Looking down, she spoke with attitude and little patience, "What would show you that I'm serious?"

I thought about it for a moment. Mixian Moxelle, the hotheaded boxer that answered with her fists... what would convince me that this was real? It clicked.

"Say my name."

I don't think she ever has said my government. I couldn't remember a time that she did.

Her eyes met with mine again. She smirked, rolling her eyes, and walked right back up to me, reaching up to me with her left hand until it connected with my cheek. Not breaking contact for a moment, she said the words that sent me over the fucking cliff,

"Willow, you can take me."