3. Game of Fate

The Birlas' and Goenkas' are gathered in the Goenka mansion for the ocassion of Mehendi ceremony.

Neil Birla looked at the bride, clad in her pine green outfit, with the golden touch-up. There are a havoc of emotions in Neil's heart. He stood helplessly with hands folded, eyes lost and fixed at Aarohi. His brother and Akshara are Aarohi's culprits. The to-be Bride must probably have dreamt a ton times about her married life by now. He knew, Aarohi's dreams will be shattered one day, and knowing all the above things, the situation, the consequences and everything, he couldn't do anything.

"Mai bhi tumhara culprit hu, Aarohi. You deserve to know the truth." Neil whispered under his breathe.

Abhimanyu sat beside the bride as she was getting her henna done. The henna maid asked for the groom's name's first letter and Aarohi replied 'A'. The henna maid drew a line segment upwards and continued from the last point of the line segment downwards, this forming two lines in the mountain shape in the letter 'A'. Abhimanyu who suddenly got up, holding his ringing phone disturbed the maid and a line segment formed upwards, accidently forming letter 'N'.

Aarohi tsked, looking at the strange letter on her palms. Before she could let her anger out at the maid, Vansh announced,

"Ladies and gentlemen! Attention please! We're going to play a game."

"Yay!" Said the excited family and everyone sat in couples, the singles were being neutral.

"Arey, Abhimanyu kaha hai?" The boys enquired.

"Pata nahi, koi important call aagaya tha, to." Aarohi replied shrugging.

"Haan. Call important hi tha, vo ek emergency hogayi hai, to mujhe jaana hoga." Abhimanyu barged in and said in a one go.

Everyone's faces fell but they knew it must be an emergency. Anand Birla decided to join Abhimanyu but was denied by the latter.

"To mai tumhare saath chalti hu." Aarohi said.

"Nahi! You also stay here. I can handle it." Abhimanyu protested and everyone agreed. Aarohi walked upstairs towards her room and started washing the henna off, a bit sad about how the function got disturbed.

"Aaru?" Akshu walked in to help her.

"Tujhe bura laga hoga na?" Akshu asked, while Aarohi just chuckled, "Nahi. Mujhe kyun bura lagega? Abhimanyu ne jaan muchkar thodi na escape kiya hoga? Koi emergency hogi na." Aarohi said and Akshara's face fell,as if she knew something behind Abhimanyu's exit.

Neil Birla who was listening to their conversation outside the door, gulped. "Abhi ye haal hai, to shaadi ke baad to Bhai Aarohi ke taraf dekhenge bhi nahi, in sab me Aarohi ki kya galti? Use to apne hisse ki happiness milni chahiye na." Neil took a sad sigh.

"Arey kya hua? Chehra kyu latka liya tune? Tu na, doctor se kabhi shaadi mat karna, warna aise hi pareshan hoti rahegi" Aaru joked.

"Haan, kabhi nahi karungi." Akshara smiled with seriousness.

"Agar, uski life barbaad hone se rok nahi sakta, to kam se kam use khush to rakh sakta hu." Neil whispered under his breathe again.

The girls walked out of the rest room and were surprised to see Neil.

"Vo mai, Akshara ko bulane aaya tha. Neeche tumhara sab puch rahe hai." Neil said pointing at Akshara with his hand and Akshara nodded in reply before leaving.

"Mehendi ka colour to bohot accha aaya hai, jiske naam se lagi hai, lagta hai bohot pyaar karta hai tum jaisi chipkali se" Neil said smirking and Aarohi quickly looked at the letter 'N' on her palm then shifted uncomfortably, suddenly realising Neil starts with 'N'.

"Haan. Sab tumhari tarah Chamgadar nahi hote." Aarohi shot him back believing it to just be a co incidence.

"Kya pata, ye bhi Chamgadar hi nikle." Neil asked raising his brow.

"Kya pata ye Chamgadar nice wala ho." Aarohi replied smirking.

"Hmm..Mere saath rehkar na, smart hogayi hai chipkali." Neil said raising his collar and Aarohi gave an expression of 'Whatever'.

"Chipkali, let's try to be friends." Neil kept his point straight, Aarohi was surprised for a moment and then smirked.

"Ye konsa Naya game hai Chamgadar?"

"Not a game. It's Just that when we are opposite to each other, hum dono ko ek dusre ko haraana itna mushkil hai, Then just imagine, if we get together, hum sabko Hara denge."

"Okay, let's try. Waise bhi tumhari aadat to mujhe daalni padegi." Aaarohi nodded and then continued -"Tumne kisi ki naam ki mehendi kyun nahi lagayi Chamgadar? Kairav bhaiya, Vansh aur sabhi log laga rahe the, Girlfriend to hogi hi tumhari." Aarohi asked scrunching her brows.

"Huh! Vo ek crush thi, lekin ab meri bhabhi bangayi vo." Neil said sounding disappointed.

"What? Bhabhi?" Aarohi screamed.

"Haan! Ab vo mere friend ki gf hai to, meri bhabhi hui na?" Neil replied taken aback at her reaction.

"Oh vaise." Aarohi realised getting embarassed and walked away.

"Ise kya hua?" Neil asked to no one shrugging.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

To,
@_blueslays_

I don't know where you are stuck in, but it's clear that the situation is tough. You can neither break a promise nor let the wrong happen. But you know, when you have to choose between the wrong and very wrong, it is necessary to choose wrong, although it's wrong.

Why does it
Sometimes happen
When you plan something
And something unexpected happens

Is it the co-incidence
Or the fate
That a strange someone
Appears as a mate

Why do some people connect to us and
Accidently become friends
And some people never connect
Even if we try to meet both the ends

Why some strange things
Give us happiness
And those which actually should
Only disappoint you.

I just hope you sort your problem out soon, all the best.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

To,
@_Writerrohi_

You are right. I'm going to choose the wrong now and make everything right. And Ms Smiley, there is no such thing called, 'Co-incidences' in this world. From the nano electrons which revolve around the nucleus to the earth that revolves around the sun, everything happens for a reason. Just like, you and me joining this workshop, becoming partners-almost friends, and you giving me the suggestion of choosing the 'wrong'. It's all the game of fate.

I don't know
What's ahead on my way
I just know
I've a lot to do and say

I don't know how,
I'm going to do it
But I just know
I've to go for it

I've to do it
For my family
For the three lives
That are about to get destroyed

I just wish
I make everything right
And I promise
I'm going to fight.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

A/N:
The story has started now,
I hope you all enjoy reading the story as I do writing it.

Thank you!