11. Giving a chance?

'Sometimes it is right to accept the circumstances you're in, rather running away from them'. Aarohi realised as she boiled the coffee beans.

But what to do with the unwanted marriage? She sadly sighed as she poured the hot liquid into the cup and took an exit from the kitchen in the dark surroundings.

She carefully took steps, so as to not make any noise, balancing the hot cup of coffee and also simultaneously keeping an eye around her. That's what you do, when you get out of your room in the midnight, right? She sighed in between hearing her stomach growl for the nth time now.

As Aarohi raised her foot to step on the first stair, she heard footsteps racing downstairs. She quickly hid beside the staircase and waited for the person. After a few moments, when she heard nothing, she peeped out, colliding into a hard body, causing the cup in her hand to fall down and break into pieces. She let out a scream and immediately was shut by a shush.

The person switched on the torch on his mobile and displayed it on Aarohi while she closed her eyes at the intensity of light.

"Chipkali, tum?"

Aarohi opened her eyes, as the light fell away from her face and looked at her husband before her.

"Chamgadar? Har baar kyun takra jate ho tum mujhse?" Aarohi asked with her raised brow, disappointed at the way her favourite coffee mug broke into fragments.

"Kismat acchi ho na, to takkar aur takrar ho hi jati hai." Neil whispered to himself smiling.

"What?" Aarohi scrunched her brows, as she tried to listening to him.

"I was saying ki, mai achanak se utha to dekha tum room me ho nahi, So, I started searching for you." Neil quickly replied.

"Ohhh." Aarohi looked away, clutching her hungry stomach as it growled again.

"You're hungry? Isiliye tum neeche aayi na?" Neil said observing her.

"Haan, and you spilled my coffee." Aarohi folded her hands looking away.

"Ohh! Koi baat nahi, I'll cook for you." Neil said with a proudish smile, as he folded his sleeves back with a grin.

"Wait, you really know how to cook, right?" She asked confirming.

"Maggie to sab hi bana lete hai. Chipkali!" He replied winking in the end, and walked towards the kitchen, with Aarohi following him.

He put the vessel with raw noodles on the heat and added water, waiting for the ingredients to get cooked.

"That's what happens when you skip your meals.-" Neil said looking seriously at Aarohi who gulped down a glass of water.

"Okay, Okay, apna gyaan apne paas rakho." Aarohi replied back showing him her palm.
And Neil shaked his head with a huff.

After a few minutes, Neil brought two plates towards Aarohi who was seated on the kitchen counter, waiting for the meal. He gave one of the plate to her and held the other, taking a seat beside her.

Neil twirled the fork wondering if he should try to clear the terms between them about the marriage. But then, what if Aarohi would again fail to understand him?

Aarohi stuffed her mouth with the noodles, making an attempt to vanish her hunger and looked at the man beside her who just stared at his plate. She slowly chewed, looking here and there as her mind processed all the events from the day, including theirs. This marriage issue should be sorted as soon as possible, so that both could focus clearly on their own paths. She gulped the bolus and cleared her throat, to earn his attention.