Chapter 2: Sunday

Sunday morning is fine, for the most part. There is just one minor interruption to their regular routine which throws her off her game; whilst most people would go to church to repent for their sins, Fallon and Liam had made it a habit to spend the early hours of Sundays having slow, lazy, morning sex. They’d been doing it for months now, relishing in the freedom they had to take their time for a change, no need to rush, being able to take each other apart piece by piece, all soft sighs and leisurely paces, gradually bring one another to pure ecstasy. It had easily become Fallon’s favourite day of the week.

But this Sunday, they couldn’t.

All because of the stupid challenge they had set for themselves to abstain from sex for 7 days – or as Fallon preferred to think of it, ‘the competition to see how quickly she could break Liam into begging her for sex.’

Which means that when they wake in each other’s arms, the air feels thick with a slight awkwardness, especially considering all Fallon can think about is last night and what they’d both done in that jacuzzi.

She needs a distraction before her thoughts get too carried away.  

“So,” Fallon mumbles, breaking the silence, her head resting on Liam’s bare chest, listening to the sound of his heartbeat beneath her ear, “What do you want to do today?”

“Umm…” Liam begins, continuing stroking lightly over Fallon’s arm, leaving a pleasant tingle in his wake, “We could go get some breakfast and then take a walk?”

“That sounds nice,” She responds and begins to walk her fingers up Liam’s chest, glancing up to look him in his bright eyes, “Or, we could do what we usually do on a Sunday morning.”

That earns her a knowing smile, “You’re right, we could, as long as you say those two magic words.”

“I was kind of thinking that you should say them,” she teases back, manifesting the most innocent look on her face that she could muster.

“Nice try, babe,” her face falls, rolling her eyes, giving up her charade in a matter of seconds, “but you and I both know that we aren’t going to give up that easily, so shall we just skip the teasing and move straight to the bacon?”

She lets out a long sigh, making sure her disappointment doesn’t go unnoticed as she begins to clamber off the bed to get dressed.

Fine.”

~

It turns out to be an ideal morning to take a walk, everything is colorful and serene, with a light breeze in the air keeping the couple cool as they wandered the grounds of the manor. Fallon had opted for wearing a flowing lilac dress and a large cream hat to keep the sun off of her face, whereas Liam went for a more casual look in an indigo polo and ivory chinos. Fallon swears he’s wearing more cologne than usual, the comforting scent of bergamot, amber and leather that she associates only with him, hitting her nose, tempting her to draw closer to him.  

“You know, this is actually kind of nice,” Fallon comments to Liam as they walk hand in hand passed the lake, heading towards the stables, the warm summer air pleasantly swilling around them, “it’s kind of like when we were first dating and we had to walk off our sexual frustration.”

Liam let out a breathy chuckle, “It was easier back then because I didn’t know what I was missing.”

She lifts an eyebrow, catching his gaze with a mischievous look on her face, “Touché.”

“But you’re right,” he continues, “it is nice to get out and enjoy the fresh air, just the two of us.”

“And is this jogging any memories, back from those early days?”