Ch 7.

Keymani Renae Hayes 23August 16th

August 16th

We pull up in front of some projects in the Bronx, double parking as I look around noticing everyone near the basketball court and in between the project buildings. There was bitches finessing, niggas playing dice, card game tables, kids running around, and people in different areas sipping and smoking .They had shit poppin out here today, It was 5:30PM on a Saturday and was a nice 85 degrees outside with a slight wind. I was right in the hood where I didn't wanna be. Not that I was scared but the club was hood enough for me. Once I moved, I moved for the better.

I hate the fucking Bronx, there's a reason god kept me away from this nigga. I wouldn't have even came if I knew we were coming out here. Since my parents passed in the Bronx I haven't been out here since. Not even to visit family, I considered Bronx motherfuckers as what they were known for. Rats.

"This your cookout? Or your peoples?" I question him making sure all my belongings were inside my purse pulling down the passenger mirror checking my appearance, fixing and pressing down on my lashes.

"Me and my bro Kash's cookout." He mumbles grabbing his charger out of the USB, licking and sealing a wood, grabbing his phone out of the cup holder getting out and walking over to my side opening the door.

I get out the car looking over at the crowd. There was all types of people all types of ages. It reminded me of the block parties they threw when I was younger back in Brooklyn. The aroma of all types of foods filled my nose as I walked with him toward everyone looking out for Tru.

"KEEEYYY!!!" Tru screams out while running at me cracking down a king sized crab leg with her teeth, as I laugh shaking my head at her greedy ass.

Tru was a tiny ass big bitch, all she fucking do is eat, twerk, and get on my damn nerves.