// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣 //

hiraeth - part four

»»——⍟——««

       Gohan's eyebrow twitched as he looked down at Y/n in shock, trying to process her words. Sharpner? That was Y/n's type? He guessed that opposites do attract, but this went even beyond opposites. They literally weren't even compatible in Gohan's eyes. But maybe he was judging too harshly, he should still be supportive.

Did Sharpner know? Gohan assumed not, him and Y/n never talk. Gohan had actually never seen them interact. Sharpner hung out with Videl and Erasa more than he did Gohan and Y/n. Maybe Gohan could help clue Sharpner in and get them together.

The two made their way to class together, taking their seats. Videl, Erasa, and Sharpner were already there, waiting for the two. Erasa grinned at Y/n as she took her spot at Erasa's side, Gohan on the other.

"So, Y/n, Videl says you got with an older man." Erasa said. Y/n glared at the two, Videl directing her own glare at Erasa.

"I did not say that. I said Gohan's dad took Y/n home." Videl said. Erasa wiggled her eyebrows at Y/n, giggling.

"And probably got together, huh?" She teased. Y/n rolled her eyes, grabbing her books and papers from her bookbag.

"The only thing I got was a grounding last night. My dad freaked out, especially since I did come home sleeping in Goku's arms." Y/n said. Gohan frowned, he wasn't aware of that part. The image of Y/n sleeping soundly in Goku's arms made his stomach do a flip. But he shook his head, remembering the information Y/n had revealed to him a moment ago. He leaned closer to Videl, whispering to her.

"Hey, did you know Y/n likes Sharpner?" Gohan asked. Videl gasped, covering her mouth, thankfully not catching her friends' attention. She looked at Gohan, surprise and a hint of disgust written across her face.

"What!? Where did you hear that?" She quietly asked. Gohan pointed to the girl herself, making Videl pale a little. Surely she didn't actually like Sharpner, right? He was cocky and rude, and extremely full of himself. No girl could handle that kind of personality, right? Maybe Y/n was just into that kind of stuff.

"I thought maybe we could try to get them together. Do you think it'd work between them?" Gohan asked. He flinched however as he felt a presence behind him, Erasa breathing down his neck.

"Get who together? What are you two planning?" Erasa asked. Gohan chuckled nervously, stating that he'd tell her later. Knowing Erasa, she'd probably spill the beans about it immediately.

And so, after a few hours, lunchtime finally rolled around. Much to the four students' surprise, Y/n rejected going to lunch with them, saying that she needed to study and focus. So the four of them left to sit outside and talk.

"So, are you gonna tell me what you two are planning? I wanna get in on it! I'm perfect for getting people together!" Erasa said. Videl chuckled nervously, her and Gohan turning to face Erasa and Sharpner.

"So, um... Sharpner, are you aware of how Y/n feels towards you..?" Videl asked. The boy perked up, a blush forming on his cheeks as he furrowed his brows, immediately getting an idea of where this was going.

"W-What? What are you talking about?" He asked. Gohan chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well, Y/n told me that she actually likes you... So we wanted to try and get you two together..." He said. Sharpner's eyes widened, his face practically turning into a tomato. He hardly ever spoke to Y/n, why would she like him?