Chapter 10: We break into the Tower of London (again)

Gideon
My friends agree to help with only mild complaining. But first, we need to get the horn back. I don't really trust Tudor to keep the bargain for too long, nor do I fully trust Queen Catherine. The sooner we get the switch done, the better.
I can take us back to Windsor okay, but I don't strictly know where the horn actually is and more than that I don't know where Owen Tudor is.
"Well, what is his actual job?" Sadie offers.
"Doing side quests for King Henry!" Dancer sighs.
"That's—that's what he does that's it," I admit.
"I did not like him," Oisin says.
"I think he's a good guy in that he's loyal to his queen, and king. I think he's a sarcastic guy who has spent so much time England he's picked up the national hobby of abusing Welsh teenagers—oh hi Owen," naturally I walk directly into him as I say that.
"There are so many more of you," he says, tiredly, but not like surprised, just a little tired.
"Yeah, we know," Dancer says.
"I remember you," Owen says.
"Good, you should," Dancer says.
"Here," Oisin breaks this up because Owen had another smart come back. Oisin holds out the replacement horn.
"Have fun, just joking, I don't care what you do. I don't want to see you in the palace again," Owen says, handing Oisin a bag, "Do I need to escort you out?"
"Nope!"
"Going!"
"Bye Owen!"
"Thank you!"
We hurry away quickly, while Oisin checks the contents of the bag and then clutches it fiercely.
"He's unpleasant," Sadie says.
"He spends a lot of time around King Henry," I point out.
"We should get him the 1433 version of therapy," Sadie says.
"That's the pub, and drinks, which I'm not buying him a drink, where are we going?" Dancer asks.
"Tower of London, using the ring, right?" I ask, holding up a hand.
"We're wearing you out," Sadie says.
"Yeah, well, so will trekking across half of London, we jump Tower, then Wales, then we've got to get a boat to Ireland 'cause I've not been there," I say.
"Yeah, I'm not limping halfway across London so I'm with him," Dancer says.
"Let's just go before that man changes his mind," Oisin says.
I take us just outside the Tower of London, in the street. I remember all this enough to get us here, but it looks completely different in the light of day. A couple of ravens immediately fly over to try to land on us.
"Hello there," I say, petting one as it sits on my head.
"You're not gonna be freaked out about that?" Oisin basically tried to dive under the nearest cart.
"No, Gareth trained them," I explain.
"Oh, I was happy when I'd forgotten he has the survival skills of a Disney Princess. Anyway. Last time I got in the Tower by pretending to be a priest but by now I'm pretty sure they know what I look like, and what you look like," Dancer says.
"Don't know what I look like," Oisin says, "I'm not from here."
"No, but you're pretty memorable, as am I," Sadie says.
"I'll disincorporate, bring my body there if she agrees, then we'll break out," I say.
"That's your plan? This didn't require all of us then," Dancer says.
"Yeah, but I wanted company," I say, cramming my fist in my mouth.
"Stop being mean to him," Oisin says, to Dancer.
"Me being mean to him is the basis for our friendship," Dancer says.
"Well, quit," Oisin folds his arms.
"It's fine I don't care," I say, quickly.
"Let me come with you," Sadie says, "You showed me how to get my body when I disincorporate. I don't suck at it. We'll do it together. You two can wait out here."
"Fine," Dancer says.
"Fine," Oisin says.
I don't think that's fine with them, but I decide to let it go.

Dancer
We find a decent hiding spot of Sadie and Gideon to disincorporate. We'll stand guard with their bodies till they return or call their bodies to them. Oisin does not look fine with this which I am absolutely fine with him not being fine. I need to bother him.
He folds his arms, looking at the ground then around carefully.
"So, you have crush on Gideon," I say, not overly nicely because I have a reputation to uphold.
"What? No," he says, frowning.
"That was a declarative statement, not interrogative. It's fairly obvious. I think everyone knows."
"Does he know?" He asks, very very quietly.
"No," I say.
He nods with something like relief.
"Look, I get it, everyone falls a bit in love with Gideon. Gideon is lovely. He puts his damn fist in his mouth and has eight hundred facts about everything and is always looking for food. He's adorable. And he's my best friend. So I should be threatening you right now. But I'm not going to. Because I don't need to. Gideon can personally kill you with the blink of an eye. That boy summoned a dragon. He raised himself from the dead. I don't care who or what you trained with. You may be good. Gideon is great. And if you're thinking about hurting him or double crossing us, think again. It's going to end very badly for you," I say.
"I go back in the mountain and it is over. I am only here to save Ireland. Then I go back to sleep," Oisin says, shifting on his feet a little, "Nothing else."
"What—you're not gonna go back to Ireland and go home or anything?" I ask, frowning.
"I have no home. Not anymore," and he says it so quietly I almost pity him.
Almost.
"That must suck for you. Stay away from Gideon," I say.
"Why? You just said he can take care of himself," Oisin sneers.
"He can, but I'm not fond of the idea of him getting his heart broken. And you yourself just said it's back in the mountain as soon as this quest is done. So. Keep the attachment one sided, all right?" I ask.
"Why do you care so much?"
"Because he's my friend! And he's the nicest person anywhere, ever, and while he may be an idiot half the time that is my idiot, got it? Everyone needs looking out for, and I know I suck at it, but since our disaster-archer-parent isn't here to do it I am," I say.
"Who—,"
"Not important. What is important is this: that boy can be a killing machine if he wants to be. Don't get on his bad side. Or give me reason to put you on his bad side."