1.

Finney glanced over at Robin, who seemed confused. He was not surprised about his friend's look because this was his least favorite class, math. Unlike Robin, this was one of Finn's easiest classes, which led Robin to multiple study sessions with Finney.

Robin was trying hard to concentrate on Mr. Johnson's explanation but to him, it was just a mess of words. He looked over to Finney and met his gaze. He started to scribble something on a paper and Finney tried to look before he handed it to him. He uncrumbled the note and read it.

"do you understand any of this"

He held in a laugh as Robin gave him an unamused look. Finney started to write back to him and handed him the note.

"yeah, why don't you?"

He rolled his eyes as Finney put a hand over his mouth to cover his smile and Robin flipped him off. He wrote something down on the note and threw it at Finney. He managed to catch it before it hit the ground and he just looked at Robin, who seemed proud of himself.

"you know he talks way too fast, i'm surprised anybody understand this"

He listened to the teacher for a minute, who seemed to talk at a normal pace and looked at Robin, shrugging. He shook his head and gestured the teacher talking fast and Finney wrote on the note, throwing it to him. Robin fumbled with it and the teacher turned around, his eyes on both of them. Robin hid the note under his arm, pretending to seem amused by his teaching. As soon as the teacher turned, he glared at Finney for almost getting him caught and read the note.

"do you need help after school then?"

His face automatically changed to somewhat of a happy expression as he scribbled frantically on the note, tossing it to Finney. He chuckled silently before opening the note.

"YES FINEY YOUR A LIFE SAVER"

He looked at Robin, who just stared back at Finney. He just wrote on the note, holding back his laughter at the mistakes in the note. He tossed it to Robin, who dropped it on the ground. The teacher turned around and Robin dragged the note under his foot.

"Robin! Finney!" The two sat upright in their seats, facing the teacher. Robin kept calm as Finney looked like he was about to drown in his own sweat. "What are you guys doing back there?"

"Learning, Mr. Johnson," Robin answered as he walked to the back of the class, looking at the two.

"Robin, move your foot."

"What's wrong, Mr. Johnson?"

"Robin."

He sighed and removed his foot from the note, to which the teacher picked up quickly. He read the note and looked up at the two.

"Detention, after school." Once the teacher turned his back, Robin rolled his eyes as he scribbled something down and threw it to Finney quickly.

"god he's such a pain in the ass for no reason"

Finney nodded and wrote something on the paper, Robin looking at both Finney and the teacher carefully before Finney passed the note.

"i know, guess we'll have less time to study"

As soon as Finney passed that last note, he went back to listening to the teacher. Robin was left on his own to figure this out. As soon as the bell rang, he was on his way out and Finney left not soon later.

He looked up at his three bullies and immediately broke eye contact with them, walking faster. He nearly shoved people out of the way as he looked down, Robin being one of the people. It seemed to attract his attention quickly as Finney made his way into the bathroom, hiding in one of the stalls again. Robin hesitated to go in as he wanted to see if Finney could stand up for himself.

He heard the three of them walk in as he held his breath. Robin, please, please come save my ass. He seemed worried as the three approached his stall. Robin, c'mon, pay back a favor or something..

"We know you're in there, fag," one of them said, and Finney braced himself as they tried to open the stall door. He heard them rattling the stall and Finney closed his eyes. Robin still wait outside the bathroom door, seeing if Finney would fight back.

He didn't.

Once he knew the bullies were distracted, he opened his eyes and carefully crawled under the stall walls, keeping from gagging at the disgusting bathroom floor. Who knows what's been on that ground after everything? He opened the door to the stall at the end and ran out of the bathroom, hearing the three shout behind him. As soon as he ran out, he saw Robin and stood behind him.

"Something wrong?"

"What do you think?"

Robin stifled a chuckle as the three of them ran out, looking at the friends. They hesitated for a moment, the fear of one of the toughest kids at their school freezing them up. If it was
Pinball Vance they had run into, they'd be goners. Everybody avoided Vance and if that wasn't possible, get on his good side. Robin raised an eyebrow.

"Problem?" he asked, waiting for a response. The only response he got though was backs turned to him as they stormed off, muttering under their breaths. He turned to Finney, who was relieved.

"You really need to stand up for yourself one of these days, Finn," he said, leaning against the wall. He sighed.

"Yeah, I know, it's just.." he paused. "god, I don't know what to do."

"Here, how about this?" He stood upright, looking Finney in the eyes. "In exchange for you helping me with math, I will teach you how to fight." He thought for a minute as Robin awaited a response. Did Finney really wanna learn that? Was he seriously gonna reach a point in life where that happened? Robin seemed a bit impatient as he thought. "Well?"

"..Deal."