07. deja vu

seven,
deja vu

        PHOEBE MIND WAS spinning

PHOEBE MIND WAS spinning. It was so obvious that Channing had done some research on her and Traitor. She also knew how reality TV worked, they would try to milk out the drama between her, EJ, and Gina. She was headed to the barn so she could clear her head and write when noticed Ricky practicing his lines and stopped to watch him.

"It's not your fault we were caught up in a surprise magical snow blizzard and no one will give us a. . . a room," he sighed and opened his script. "Yeah. What do they have against reindeer?" He glanced over and saw her, earning a small smile and wave. "How long have you been there?"

"Not that long," she told him. "I'm just wondering if you have an imaginary friend."

"Wouldn't be the first time we saw a ghost," he replied. "Which reminds me. . ."

        Phoebe furrowed her brows, watching him pull a paper out of his pocket. "What's that?"

        "Nothing. Just a grocery list."

        "For a summer camp?" she snatched the paper from her hand and read it. "Things to do before I'm 18. Mine was 13 and kiss Harry Styles was on there. There were lot of things on that list that I did not accomplish. It seems like you have, though. Grow armpit hair? Become a superhero? Hug a celebrity? Oh, that's why you were acting so weird with Corbin. Watch an R rated mov—"

Ricky quickly grabbed his paper back. Phoebe grinned at him and reached for it again. He pulled it away from her. "Hey! Watch it."

"Please!" she begged. "I just want to see!"

"No!"

        Ricky eventually ended the fight by putting his arm in the air so Phoebe couldn't reach it. "So, what song were you talking about singing earlier?"

        That was how Phoebe and Ricky ended up sitting at the piano in the barn. "This wasn't the song I was going to sing," Phoebe admitted. "It's way too personal for that. It's called Deja Vu."

He gave her an encouraging nod before she began. "Car rides without a clue. Strawberry ice cream, one spoon for two. And trading jackets, laughing about how small it looks on you. . . Watching reruns of Glee. Being annoying, singing in harmony. I bet she's bragging to all her friends, saying you're so unique."