𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟹 ♡

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

In the waiting room, Hana nervously bobbed her leg up and down. Besides her, there was another woman who eyed the student suspiciously. What if her life would change abruptly in a few minutes? What if she actually had to raise a child alone? How would she explain that to her parents?

But Hana was jolted out of her thoughts when a doctor's assistant opened the door and stuck her head through the gap. "Ms. Moon Hana. Please follow me.".

Like in a daze, Hana got up from her chair and followed the woman into an examination room. "The doctor will be here in a minute. I ask you to wait a moment.", she bowed and left the room.

As expected, the doctor entered the examination room a short time later and did an ultrasound of her abdomen after asking some questions. With a smile, she hung the camera-like device back in its holder. "I can reassure you, Mrs. Moon. You are not pregnant. Menstrual shifts are nothing unusual at your age and can happen to anyone."

The relief was evident in Hana's face. Her body immediately relaxed when she heard the good news.

After a short concluding conversation, the student thanked the doctor and left the room in front of her. In the process, she almost collided with an angry-looking doctor's assistant, who was dragging a colleague behind her.

Surprised, Hana shook her head and thought nothing more of it as she reached for the door handle and was about to leave the practice.

"I can't do all this anymore. The police just called again."

The words from the next room, where the two women had disappeared, made Hana freeze.

"How long is this going to go on? We're getting more and more involved in this whole thing. Don't you understand it's is a serious crime?

Hana was amazed and looked around cautiously. The reception desk was not occupied and the doctor had just gone into the room with a following patient. Quietly, she took a few steps toward the door to better listen to the conversation.

"I know! But now we can't just stop like this. The police won't find out about the falsified files as long as we keep playing along now.". One could hear an exasperated sigh from within.

"It's not our fault okay? We didn't take the money to forge all those documents. It wasn't our decision."

"I know it wasn't our decision. But it's not too late to do the right thing. We can tell the police that all of Lena's documents were forged to get a lighter sentence."

Hana stumbled back. Forged documents? Lena? Kang Lena? Were the two women just talking about what Hana was thinking or was her mind just playing another stupid trick?

Nevermind. She immediately grabbed her cell phone from her jacket pocket and started a video recording while walking even closer to the door and pressing the phone against it.

"Doing the right thing?" one of the women laughed. "It's too fucking late for that now. This isn't just about forged files, it's about rape. Even if we go to the police with the truth now, both of us and the boss will end up in jail."

"I know..." she wailed.

"So pull yourself together. This whole thing will be over soon and we'll be out of the woods. No one will suspect us. We're a reputable practice. Come on...". The footsteps got louder and suddenly the door opened right in front of Hana's nose.

She took a shocked step back and stared into the equally shocked faces of the two women.

"What do you want?" one of them asked. "Were you eavesdropping on us?".