chapter 1

Light. The warm rays of the sun. Quiet, peaceful chirping of the birds. Crisp and gentle breezes of cool air. The laughter of children. A sweet smell to the air. A soft, beautiful voice singing a joyful song.

I had that once. But it was lost. Stolen from me. My world once peaceful and nice. Warm, happy, clean and safe.

Now its gone. Taken with a few swift movements of her arm. One bit with her fangs. Now I live in a different world...

One of darkness. Of cold, bitter darkness. A loud cry of crows. The screams of those being killed. A piercing scream of torture. A cold wind, a stench of death, and murder, and blood...

That replaces my once happy world. I hate it. Despise it. Loath this cold and bitter place. But I can't change what was given.

That is my vauge past. My memories once clean and happy, now defiled and darkened.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dropped her body and wiped her blood from my lips with my sleeve. The pungid odor of her blood hanging thick in the air. My eyes red as a flickering flame.

"Time to leave." I muttered as I walked. I went down to the river to wash my face. I took off my shirt now stained from that girl's blood and threw it into the river. After washing up my mouth from blood I continued. I need to leave. Flee. Just like the coward I am.

I'll go there. To the place most vampires go. I've no more choices now. That place I've been avoiding for years, but it seems I can't go anywhere else. I concluded as I made my way....

To america.