Chapter 1

POV: Harry Potter

After my last class of the day, I headed toward the great hall for dinner. I was honestly not that hungry, but I didn't want to any of my homework until detention tonight so I could ignore him and focus on my work.

I opened the great hall doors and made my way towards the Gryffindor table. I took my usual seat next to Ron, who was stuffing his face with food, and Hermoine was across from us reading a new book. I sighed and put some treacle tart on my plate and began eating. The Gryffindor table was always loud and quite honestly, annoying. I lost my appetite quickly.

I casted a quick tempus and it was already 6:45. I decided to leave a few minutes before needed and took my time walking to the dungeons where the potions class was located. As I made my way I couldn't help but wonder what this detention would be like. Obviously it would be just like any other one right? Then why am I getting the feeling that something will happen?

As I finally made it to the classroom I knocked twice and heard an "Enter" from the Professor.
I cleared my head and went inside the room only to find it being empty other than me and Professor Snape.

That's weird. Professor Snape handed out detentions like candy. There should be at least another 3 students in here. I slowly made my way towards the front of the room and sat down at the table right In front of the Professors desk.

I didn't wait for any instructions on what to do and immediately took out my homework to start working on. "Mister Potter. What are you doing?"
I heard from the only other person in the room.

I looked up at him, startled by the few words that broke the usual silence that surrounded the room during detentions. "What?" I asked dumbfounded. "I asked you what you were doing." Was said back in a neutral tone.

"I'm doing my homework..." I responded, still weirded out by the conversation currently happening.

"Why?" Professor Snape said.

"Because that's what I usually do in detention..?"

"This detention will be different then the ones your.. used to."

"How so, Professor Snape?"

Chapter 1: 382 words

Authors Note
Hey guys and gals! Sorry for taking so long In posting this but I've been rlly busy lately with work and summer work for school! Since I didn't post when I said I would, I've decided to post 2 times this week! On both of my stories! Thank you so much for checking this story out and I hope you'll continue to read it as I update it! Love u all!
Author out~