5

soojin was nice enough to drive me to the train station and wait with me for the train.

i was lucky to get one of the last tickets.

"how are you feeling?", she asks while we were sitting down and waiting.

"i'm actually really excited... i thought i'd back up in the last minute but now i'm getting more and more curious to know who that person is."

she nods.

"the train is coming!", i say and stand up quickly and take my backpack.

"ok, text me when you get off the train and make sure to always tell me where you are."

"i promised you already in the car, soojin. i'll be safe."

we hug each other before i get on the train.

i look at my ticket and try to find my seat.

it was pretty empty in this part of the train, which was weird considering most of the tickets were sold.

i sit down and put my backpack between my legs on the floor.

it was a seat with a table and another seat in front of me, which was currently empty.

i take out a soda and something to eat. soojin insisted on buying me 3 pieces of chocolate filled bread. i'm not sure if i'll be able to finish all of it but i still appreciate it.

i can feel the train slowly move, making me realise i'm really on my way to busan.

what the hell was i thinking and why am i more excited than scared?

i text my mum saying i'm going out tonight so i probably won't be able to be on my phone so she won't be able to question where i am.

i don't need her to worry about me now.

i look outside and see the sun is already slowly going down even though it was only 3:30 pm.

it's winter so it makes sense.

i jump up at the sudden voice next to me.

"excuse me? do you mind if i sit down in front of you?", a tall guy asks shyly.

"no, it's fine", i smile.

i was confused as to why he wanted to have the seat in front of me when almost every seat around us was empty.

"i hope you don't feel comfortable, i just don't like going on train rides alone and you were the only option for me. except for the snoring old man behind you but i think you know why i didn't choose him", he says and we both laugh.

"i don't like going on train rides alone either so it's fine. what's your name by the way?", i ask.

"i'm junkyu."