10

2 am and we're still awake.

"so what happened then?", i ask him.

he's telling me a story about a surprise party he threw for one of his friends called jaehyuk.

i thought that name sounded familiar but i didn't think much of it.

"he cried. he's a softie", he laughs and continues brushing through my hair with his hands.

we've been laying on the bed for quite a while now, my head on his chest, my legs over his.

"that's cute", i say.

"not cuter than me though, right?", he lifts my chin up so he could see my face.

"nope", i smile.

"this feels so surreal. who would have thought i would spend a night with a stranger in a motel in some town that nobody knows", he says.

"i know... i thought i'd be spending some time at the beach in busan and then take a train back home."

"i'm glad the train had to change directions", he laughs.

"and i'm glad you took the seat in front of me", i say.

there was a noise coming from the door, making us both get up from our positions.

"did you hear that?", i ask.

"i think someone knocked on our door", he looks at me confused.

he gets up and walks over to the door so i follow him but stay right behind him.

"yes, hello?", he says after opening the door.

it was a guy and a woman, probably a few years older than us.

"hey, i'm sorry if we're interrupting but the police is here and they're looking for a guy. they said we have to go to the lobby so they could check if he's here", the guy said.

"oh okay, we'll go with you then", junkyu says.

he turns around and tells me, "we should get our jackets and wallets, just in case."

after taking our stuff we leave together with the couple to go downstairs.

there were a few police men and other people who were staying at the motel.

"alright, we have to check every room, so just stay in the lobby or somewhere for about an hour. we'll be done by then", one of the officers says.

some of the people were getting annoyed and angry by the fact that we had to wait here.

i turn to look at junkyu who was standing close to me,

"how about we go outside? i don't want to wait in the lobby for an hour", i say.

he nods and takes my hand.

"so what do you want to do?", he asks as we leave the motel.

"it's still raining", i look up at the sky, "maybe we could find a pub or something. there has to be at least one in this town."

we walk around for a few minutes until we find what looks to be a bar. it was basically just one small room with a few people cramped in it but we didn't really have much of a choice here.

we walk inside and order two beers before sitting down at one of the tables in the corner.

"i kind of like it here", junkyu says and looks around.

"i guess... it's really hot in here but quite comfortable", i say.

"you know what i just remembered?", he says and puts both his of his elbows on the table.

"what?"

"i don't have your phone number yet", he laughs.

"you're right! wait", i say and take out my phone.

"give me yours", i smile.

he types in his number and hands me the phone back.

"inagine if we just left without any way to contact each other", i say.

"i would have found a way to get back to you. i would have done anything", he smiles.