Chapter 7 {Competition Has Come}

"I heard you needed a queen. That's me."

~Elea.

Elea:

  I was nervous the whole time I traveled to the palace; I was told that the king needed a wife. My beauty is incomparable to others. I think the king will be most pleased when he sees me. I have traveled for three days to marry the king. I am supposed to take the throne for my country, but I need to marry a king first.

  "Your Highness! We will be there in a matter of minutes." I straightened my dress and fixed my hair. My crown was perfectly on my head. The gates opened as I was announced to the court. The guards helped me out of the carriage. I walked into the palace, seeing everything.

  I saw the servants as they bowed to me. "Tell the king his future wife is here waiting in his study." They bowed, leaving me. I used to come here all the time when I was a girl. My father would always rely on the council from Hector's father. I know that he loves his study and his garden.

  I looked at the books on the wall, finding the book I was reading so long ago. It was poems that I would read to Hector as we lay by the water. He would listen to me read them, and I would listen to his stories for hours as we tried to hide from our parents. I was happy while I was here with him. Reminiscing about the old days, I didn't hear the door open.

  "Jin~Ae you shouldn't-" He stopped talking. I smiled at him.

  "Who is Jin~Ae Hector?" He stood there silently for a moment.

  "E-Elea?" He placed his hand on my cheek. Moving the hair out of my face. "Elea, what are you doing here?"

  "I heard you needed a wife. I am here to help with that problem." He dropped his hand from my cheek.

  "I don't need a wife, Elea. I am perfectly fine the way I am." He is such a terrible liar.

  "If you want to lie, you should work on that a little more." I opened the wine that he had in here. "Have a drink with me, Hector. Let's catch up on old times together." He sat in his chair as I sat across from him. "May I stay here a couple of days? My horses need to be tended to." He nodded while chugging his wine.

  "Elea, I am sorry you came all the way here for nothing." You think it's for nothing. I know what to do to be with you.

  "No hard feelings, Hector." He gulps another glass down. At this rate, I will have him in bed tonight! As teenagers, we didn't want to get caught, so pregnancy wasn't an option, but now I needed heirs, and I wanted them to be his.

  "Guards!" They came running in. "Tell the servants to make a room for Queen Elea. She will be staying for a while." They bowed and left the room. "So tell me, how was your trip?" I poured him another glass.

"It was fine. You know how long it takes to travel here. I was so happy you are letting us stay here until the horses are better." His third glass was empty.

"Of course, s-sweetheart, a-anything for you." His words started to slur. I stood up, walking around his desk to pour another glass for him.

  "Hector, have you missed me?" I said as I caressed his cheek. I feel him sink into my touch.

  "Of course I have Elea. You were my first in everything." He kissed my palm.

  Whispering into his ear, I said, "You know you can have my body again. Just say the word." I felt him giving in until the doors opened again. "Akius! Tomus! What a nice surprise." They both helped Hector up to take him back to his room. Shit! I will marry the king, mark my words. "Where are you taking him? We were talking?"