Chapter 13 : The Proposal

After a week

Sasuke drew in a deep breath as he walked into the leaf village. Naruto was going to marry him. He looked around the leaf village and found girls swarming around Naruto. Something in his heart made him burn with anger and he knew damn well that it was jealousy.

"Kyah! Marry me, Naruto kun!" squealed the swarm of girls. Naruto chuckled at them nervously. "Ladies, please. I'm in a hurry." Naruto murmured as the swarm of girls crushed his body, begging him for an autograph. Naruto wheezed as he saw Sasuke drift pass him with his peripheral vision.

"The one who gives me space to let me go will win a kiss from me." Naruto announced. The ladies immediately stood 5 foot away from him, as if he had been infected by an infectious disease. Naruto waved at the girls who whined as he ran towards Sasuke. 

"Yo, Sasuke!" Naruto grinned as he caught up with Sasuke. His grin faded as he saw Sasuke with a hurt look. "Is something wrong? Are you alright? Is the baby fine?" Naruto questioned as he cupped Sasuke's arm in his palms. Sasuke clicked his tongue as he flicked away his arm from Naruto's grasp.

"You...you're just using me, aren't you? You would rather be with those girls than with me." Sasuke snarled. "What the hell? No way, those girls just misinterpreted something." Naruto said. "Oh really? What did you do this time?" Sasuke rolled his eyes.

Sasuke knew very well that a relationship can't be established unless there is trust between the lovers. But he knew that Naruto had some secrets that he couldn't reveal and so did Sasuke, with the case regarding Kawaki. He just couldn't help but feel insecure when he found Naruto around other girls. 

"I will explain it to ya later. I just reserved us a spot in Oritsu, that 5 star restaurant that sells the best food ever. We will be going there for dinner, sounds good?" Naruto said. "Sure..." Sasuke murmured under his breath. 

"Let's go to my house in the mean time." Naruto smiled as he grabbed Sasuke by the hand and dragged him to his house. As soon as Sasuke walked in, he felt the urge to barf so he ran as soon as he could to the bathroom. Naruto, confused and shocked, followed him.

"The baby...Is it bothering you?" Naruto asked, concerned. "Well, in all honesty, it's your fault for shoving your dick into my ass." Sasuke growled as he barfed. Naruto pulled back Sasuke's hair so that it wouldn't bother him and he smiled when he saw a blush on Sasuke's cheek.

"Here, use this to wipe your mouth." Naruto said as he handed over a towel soaked in hot water. Sasuke wiped his mouth and sighed. Naruto helped him get up and took him to the living room. He sat on the couch and placed Sasuke on his lap. Sasuke blushed as he placed his palm on Naruto's chest. 

"Let's sleep for some time, shall we?" Naruto smiled as he kissed Sasuke on the forehead. Sasuke hesitated but ended up kissing Naruto on the forehead as well. Sasuke placed his head on Naruto's shoulder as he dozed off, followed by the snoring of Naruto.

7:30 pm

"I'm done. Let's go." Sasuke said as he zipped the yellow hoodie which he was wearing. He wore some black jeans and sneakers. Naruto wore a white, full sleeved shirt with black pants and formal shoes. 

They walked to the restaurant which was quite far from Naruto's apartment. Naruto asked the receptionist for his seats and whispered something in a waiter's ears. The waiter nodded his head vigorously and walked away.

"What was that about?" Sasuke asked. "I told him that if he served us, I would pay him tips." Naruto smirked. Sasuke snorted a laugh as they walked to their seat. It was nice and cozy. The ambience was amazing and the waiters tended to the people respectfully. 

"I'm going to order a Manchow soup, Honey chilli chicken, and some butter garlic rice. What about you?" Sasuke flipped through the pages of the menu. "Dangos, Ramen and champagne probably." Naruto said. 

"I will order for apple juice." Sasuke confirmed as the waiter who Naruto talked to walked up to them. They placed their order and as Sasuke sneezed, Naruto quickly handed a small red velvet box to the waiter. The waiter ran away with the order and the box.

"That waiter is suspicious. Naruto, are you sure that you can trust him?" Sasuke cocked a brow. "Don't worry, he's a rookie here. He's probably nervous." Naruto smiled. Sasuke rolled his eyes playfully as he skimmed through the menu. He hoped that he wouldn't puke out all the food because of his pregnancy.

"Here's your soup." said the waiter as he placed the soup on the table. Sasuke wasn't even aware of what he was doing when he brought the soup closer to him and drank a small portion of it, eventually burning his lips and tongue.

"Ah!" Sasuke moaned as he dropped the soup spoon. Naruto blushed and looked around, hoping that no one heard it. Naruto rubbed Sasuke's lips with his finger, holding in his urge to kiss those soft, pink lips. 

The starters arrived, followed by the main course. The 2 young adults ate their food ravenously, for they didn't have a snack in the afternoon. The apple juice and champagne arrived in similar glasses - tall and curved.

Sasuke grabbed the one closest to him and took a sip. Naruto grinned eagerly. He had asked the waiter beforehand to place the engagement ring in his juice. He hoped that as soon as Sasuke finished his glass, he would see the ring, Naruto would take it and he would propose in the restaurant. Little did he know that things weren't going to the way he imagined.

Sasuke spit out the apple juice on Naruto's face. "Why the hell does this taste so bitter?!" Sasuke blew a raspberry to remove the juice's essence. Naruto shrugged his shoulders as he took a sip of the champagne. It tasted...sweet?

Then it dawned upon him. As champagne and apple juice look similar and they were served in similar glasses as well, Sasuke must have drunk the champagne. He knew how much Sasuke stressed the fact that he was a teetotaler. 

He looked at his drink and found the ring there. He knew that Sasuke's mood was ruined after the wine experience so he whipped out the ring from the glass and slipped it into his pocket. He paid the bill and walked out of the restaurant, discontent. 

"Are you alright?" Sasuke asked as he looked up at the cloudy sky. Raindrops began to drizzle from the sky. Sasuke covered his head with the hood as his hoodie also happened to be a raincoat. Naruto opened the umbrella and placed it over his head. They headed home, making way through the rain. 

Naruto felt uneasy. He had promised Sasuke that he would marry him but if he can't even slip on an engagement ring, how could he start his life with him? He stopped in the middle of the road, the lamps only providing light.

"Naruto, you coming?" Sasuke asked as he turned to face Naruto. His eyes widened as Naruto shivered under the rain. "Will you be with me, Sasuke? In life, sorrow, happiness and death?" Naruto smiled. 

Sasuke gasped lightly. "Is this...a proposal?" Sasuke stuttered. Naruto stuffed his hand into his pocket and whipped out an engagement ring. It was a blue jagger secured by 5 more diamonds placed on a ring studded with multiple diamonds and floral designs (like in the picture above).

Naruto laughed as he saw Sasuke rubbing his tears which seemed to mix with the rain. The hood flopped out, revealing Sasuke's hair and face to the rain. Naruto couldn't interpret Sasuke's feelings. Happiness? Doubt? Or probably even regret?

Sasuke jumped into Naruto's arms as he pulled in him for a kiss. It was really amazing, the gush of adrenaline flushing through their bodies as the cold rain pattered on their bodies while their tongues danced inside their mouths.

 As Sasuke pulled back, Naruto placed him down, held out Sasuke's hand gently and slipped in the engagement ring into his ring finger. Sasuke stretched his fingers as he admired the ring in his arm. "So what's your answer?" Naruto asked. Sasuke looked at him and smiled beautifully. 

"I will..."

AUTHOR'S NOTE - The next chapter will contain other ships such as SakuHina, ShikaTema, Saino and Gaalee. See you in the next chapter.

Sayonara~